What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
jp7395
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by jp7395 »

It is difficult for me to decide. I suppose the most I can do is narrow it down to two books: The Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George (love her works!) or The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. It is impossible for me to decide. :?
cmw83
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Favorite Book: Game of Thrones
Currently Reading: Rush by Maya Banks
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by cmw83 »

Like all my other book club members I have many books that I love. I will tell you my top three books

1. "Clan of the Cave Bear" by Jean Auel. This book take place in prehistoric times with the young girl Ayla who is adopted by the clan. Ayla represents us and the clan represents cavemen aka (in the book) flat heads. If you are interested in this book there are 6 books to this series.

2. "A Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin. FYI I read this book 4 years before HBO decided to make it a TV series. For those of you who don't know what the book is about I can tell you this, It is exactly what the title of the book is. This book is a fight for power to rule the seven kingdoms of Westeros. The four Main families in the book are the Starks, the Lannisters, the Baratheons and lastly the Targenyens. There is everything in his book sex, lies, backstabbing, incest and dragons. If you are interested in this book there are 5 books in this series.

3. "Outlander" by Diane Gabaldon. This book is what I call a serious romance novel. It's not like your typical Highlander romance the author put a lot of historical research into this book. It takes place in the 1940s with Claire Randell going on a 2nd honeymoon with her husband in Scotland. Claire is transported to the 1700s right in the middle of a war. She is captured by the clan MacKenize and taken to their castle. She befriends and marries a young Scotsman, Jamie Fraiser. Now Claire is torn between trying to return to her own time or staying in the one she is currently in. If you are interested in this book there are 7 books to this series.

These are my top three picks. I highly recommend you read these. Enjoy : :D
sunnyside88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyside88.html

Post by sunnyside88 »

Two of my favourite books are To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. Both of them were very hard to put down! :)
xobookwormxo

Post by xobookwormxo »

This is a tough one because there are so many books that I love for different reasons but two of my top favorites would have to be Wicked by Gregory McGuire and Helen of Troy by Margaret George.
sunsimaginarium
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunsimaginarium.html

Post by sunsimaginarium »

Redeeming Love is probably my all time favorite. Not very sure tho, the Harry Potter series could probably be my all time favorite too, or the Instrumentals series..hmm...
A24

Post by A24 »

sunsimaginarium wrote:Redeeming Love is probably my all time favorite. Not very sure tho, the Harry Potter series could probably be my all time favorite too, or the Instrumentals series..hmm...
I'm reading (or rather listening to) Redeeming Love currently. It is Very good! Francine Rivers is a great author!

-- Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:26 am --

And, as you can tell by my avatar, I love Harry Potter too!
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
HannaTheTroll

Post by HannaTheTroll »

It's a tie between The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald and Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. Just the writing style and the depth of each book constantly tug at my heart and mind.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen
bexyraine
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bexyraine.html

Post by bexyraine »

I have way too many favourites.
Though my top three are:
The Power of One - Bruce Courtenay
Stolen - Lucy Christopher
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis
9bit
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: 1984
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by 9bit »

Scott wrote:What's your favorite book? Why?

My favorite book is 1984 by George Orwell.
Right on, Scott. Mine too. Been that way since I was "forced" to read it in high school :)
jennycommer

Post by jennycommer »

Hi... That's very difficult for me that what is my favorite book. But I announced, my favorite book is"THE SECRET OF EARTH".
Kelsey1295
Favorite Author: Dave Pelzer
Favorite Book: A Child Called IT
Currently Reading: City of Glass
fav_author_id: 4296

Post by Kelsey1295 »

I have got to say, my favorite book is One Two Buckle my Shoe by Jesse Hunter! If you haven't read it, you should make the time. Its definitely worth reading. One Two Buckle my Shoe is a small novel of maybe 300 pages, but you are never bored and will always have that book in your hands. If you like action, cliff hangers, and thriller...This is a great book to read. This book is about a little girl, Lucy, being kidnapped by a well known predator, The chocolate man. However, The chocolate man makes a huge mistake. How does Lucy feel? What did the chocolate man do wrong?
Saybelle

Post by Saybelle »

How can one possibly pick…yet, whenever I hear the question posed, ‘Lonesome Dove’ by Larry McMurtry always rushes to mind.
htrahan08
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-htrahan08.html

Post by htrahan08 »

Would have to say that the house of night and the twilight series have to be some of my favorites books. I am also in love with the historical romance novels like the lady in white by Denise Domning
bookholic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookholic.html

Post by bookholic »

I love reading classics. Till date I have read many books but Pride & Prejudice will always be my number one. No matter how many times I read it ...its still is fun.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”