what do you think about e-books

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
ohim89
Bookshelf Size: 0

what do you think about e-books

Post by ohim89 »

hi every body
e-books has become everywhere,i read too many books on my laptop

litreature,educational books,(what ever u want you can find it).and most of them can be found for free.

i want to share your thoughts and wether you prefare ebooks or traditional ones?
claudibee

Post by claudibee »

I think that they are a good idea but I can't help loving old-fashioned, traditional books. Illustrations, decorative covers, crammed bookshelves, all that sort of stuff. I like to sit in a room surrounded by bookcases or stuffing a book in my bag when I go out. Not much help, probably, but where would I be without a bookshop or library when I need some peace and quite or it's raining. And I love the smell of really old books. I am all for technology but I still have a very old-fashioned woman in me somewhere.
ceejay77

Post by ceejay77 »

I will read one if I have to but I look at a monitor long enough in a day with my work for reading I much prefer a good old fashioned book
marts56

Post by marts56 »

Well e-books are good but I'd rather wanted to read in the paper books I can easily get information even I'm not in front of my pc.
flashgordon

Post by flashgordon »

I don't use them at all. I can't read an entire book on my computer, and the cheesy business ebooks that people put out about making money online and the like are not books in my mind.
ohim89

Post by ohim89 »

wow iam totally diffrent from you. iam used to read many many books on my laptop especially its for free. i think its great
marts56

Post by marts56 »

ohim89 wrote:wow iam totally diffrent from you. iam used to read many many books on my laptop especially its for free. i think its great
Really?? Isn't it hard for you to read that long from your laptop?
ohim89

Post by ohim89 »

yeah it to easy if you reduced the lights and took short breaks.i even sometimes enjoy reading from the screen more than the book.
try it :D
marts56

Post by marts56 »

Well good for you.
Yeah I will try it but I don't know if I could do it most of the time :D
futureperfect

Post by futureperfect »

I like the idea of e-books but personally i love spending hours in book shops and picking up everything that sounds interesting and then whittling it down to a couple (i have to be strict with myself or my house will be filled with books!!) i've found some great reads but doing just that.
One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret
ohim89

Post by ohim89 »

you know i think the smell of a new book is also diffrent.
donatello

Post by donatello »

I love ebooks!
I live overseas - in a non-English speaking country where I do not have good access to English language books, so I have few other options.

I hate to read them on my laptop though... only if I REALLY have to!

I usually print them out on both sides of some cheap paper and then give them away when I'm done with them.

I have also found a very cool CHM reader plugin for Firefox. Very often I would find a book in CHM (Compiled HTML) format and there was no real way to read it without one of those snazzy dedicated book readers. Now you can simply install a plugin into your Firefox and you are reading CHM files!

I'm too new to post links, but if you Google "Firefox CHM reader plugin" you will find it on the first try!

Have fun!
seems

Post by seems »

I have a pretty decent collection of e-books. i Love it becuz it is so convinient that i can take my collection with me where ever i travel.
bookwormtx

Post by bookwormtx »

I still prefer the old fashioned page turner. I don't mind ebooks though. However the Amazon Kindle may change that for me if I ever get one.
johdue1

Post by johdue1 »

L also like e-Books and lot of books I read on my PC.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”