EBook or Hardcopy?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
denigco
Favorite Author: Lizzy Charles
Favorite Book: Effortlessly With You
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denigco.html

Re: EBook or Hardcopy?

Post by denigco »

Ebook by night, Hardcopy by day!
more_books_please
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by more_books_please »

I prefer hard copy but I do like how many books fit into such a small space with the e book
speedreader
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-speedreader.html

Post by speedreader »

I'm kind of on the fence, simply because both methods have their pros and cons. I prefer hardcopy, becuas ethen I can take it ANYWHERE. I can sit in class, ignore my teacher, and just read. But I can't do that with a Kindle. However, I also prefer Kindle, because I can go on vacation, and take an entire series, and not have to pay overweight luggage fees.
Katiesreadings

Post by Katiesreadings »

Hardcopy, hard copy,hard copy! Lol maybe I'm a book purist but to me you can't get any better then something tangible that can't get deleted or lost in a file. Plus I just like hard copies simply because my eyes tire more on a computer screen then a piece of paper. However if its a matter of convenience then maybe Ebooks are for you!
Melodic Moth 77
Favorite Author: G.K. Chesterton
Favorite Book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Currently Reading: The Silmarillion
Bookshelf Size: 21
fav_author_id: 5860

Post by Melodic Moth 77 »

While ebooks are superior in convenience, nothing compares to the experience of reading a hardcopy. The feeling, closeness, and smell of a real book will brand it into one's imagination and memory.
Bluedonutcentral
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluedonutcentral.html

Post by Bluedonutcentral »

I favor hard copy always have and I always will, that being said I do understand that eBooks are more environment friendly and cheaper, recently I was given a kindle for Christmas and I found it to be kind of fun to use and while I do use it more than I initially thought I would, hard copy will still be my first choice.
Lizzy Mar
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Lizzy Mar »

I prefer hardcopy but I mostly read on e-book. I would like to have more hardcopies than e-books because the felling of having a book on your hands can't be compared by any electronic device.
RobynR
Currently Reading: The Scars of Us
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robynr.html

Post by RobynR »

When I used to work outside of the home we were not allowed to read books at our desk. The way around it was reading from a kindle. Since then, I have gotten used to reading E-Books more so than paper books. My preference 10 yrs ago was of course a hard copy in my hand. Now, I prefer an E-Book for convenience.
bluejay__way
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Favorite Book: The Austere Academy
Currently Reading: The Green Mile
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluejay-way.html
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by bluejay__way »

I love, and will always love, hardcopy. EBook, for me, doesn't give me that same sense of... diving into the world being held at your own fingertips sort of feel. It just gives me a headache and hurts my eyes. I still do read off the internet or my phone sometimes, what with there being articles and stories from the 1800's that one can't find in a library anymore, but my passion is for hardcopies.
LaurenHop8

Post by LaurenHop8 »

I have eBooks and hardcopies and I definitely prefer hardcopy. The smell of a book and actually turning the pages to continue through the adventure is a huge part of the reading experience.
C S Harper

Post by C S Harper »

I am still leaning towards eBooks. I read them mostly now and they are definitely a convenient way to travel.
Last edited by C S Harper on 23 Apr 2015, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
tybloodfox
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tybloodfox.html

Post by tybloodfox »

i like e-books but i always want to buy the physical copy so i would have to say hardcopy
GreenBookworm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenbookworm.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Sean T. Smith

Post by GreenBookworm »

I like both, for me ebook and hardcopy are also the same good.
ryanbookreviews
Currently Reading: The Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryanbookreviews.html

Post by ryanbookreviews »

I think that, although Ebooks have their place in society, physical editions are preferable. My opinion stems mainly from the ability to display a physical book, and also because covers are the best!
tiffanyx
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanyx.html

Post by tiffanyx »

100% prefer a hard copy version of a book, I do own a Kindle Paper white but will only use it when going on holiday so I can never run out of books to read. I do think that Ebooks are a good idea as its a comforting thought to know that you can read any book anywhere. Although, reading a hard copy of a book feels more natural to me.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”