how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
bamps184
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bamps184 »

I probably have somewhere in the 200 to 300 range and I have probably read them all dozens of times.
atrixa

Post by atrixa »

Around 100? I tend to get rid of books I don't want to read again.
bloodymarykath

Post by bloodymarykath »

not even close to twenty...i wish i have a lot...books are expensive here...
chicklit

Post by chicklit »

I have hundreds of books, and I would have more had I not moved across the country (from Los Angeles to DC). I had to get rid of a lot of books for my move, but I still have so many. I haven't counted the books, but I know I have a few hundred.
chicklit

Post by chicklit »

bloodymarykath wrote:not even close to twenty...i wish i have a lot...books are expensive here...
If you have thrift stores in your area, you may want to give them a try. I've bought many books from thriftstores, as you can buy really great ones for like $.50. You may also want to try yard sales.
speechless

Post by speechless »

I'm going to guess that I have somewhere between 150-300 books. I've never taken the time to count...maybe I should ;) Most of the books are from my childhood, but now that I'm in college my collection is starting to grow (English major).
Mer_Blackwood

Post by Mer_Blackwood »

I don't know, but I'm guessing it has to be at least 1500. I have bookshelves everywhere I can put them.
TeddyP

Post by TeddyP »

I have zero - I kind of regret it because I have owned some great books - but I always donate books when I am done with them.

I would love to build a library someday and collect some of my favourite books in early editions.
Kailee

Post by Kailee »

there is long list lolllllll :lol:
ceve4life

Post by ceve4life »

About eighty or so.
San1968

Post by San1968 »

I would be up in the thousands too despite giving a whole load to our local library and to friends.
I have just bought an ebook reader and it is great. No need to buy more book cases or stuff them in cupboards. I am now concentrating on buying first editions or Folio Society books of my favourite read over and over again authors, and making rooms for my daughters books!!
The only problem is not all of the books are available on e-readers yet so have had to buy 2 actual books this month.
Dixi

Post by Dixi »

hello, nice to be back here. I have lots of books, from encyclopedias down to pocketbooks. My eldest son often told me to dispose old books, but I don't know, I just love them there, I even come to thinking on donating it to schools, on second thought, I would be missing them. :)
ThomasRA1950

Post by ThomasRA1950 »

Let's see... 5 bookcases & 3 boxes in the garage, 2 built-ins in the living room, 2 bookcases in dining room, 4 in my office... and they are all full... literally, over a thousand, easy. And the reason I keep them is because I haven't read them yet; when I've read them I donate them to the local library.
Nyxlight

Post by Nyxlight »

I am in the vicinity of 3000 books now and still colecting as fast as I can. Pity I have no space for them all so 1/3 are in boxes.
vorsta

Post by vorsta »

More than thousand, they are in all rooms, also in kitchen, toilet and bathroom... “When I am sad, I read. When I am happy, I read. When I am breathing, I read.” - Jay Frawley

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”