how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
cody maracopa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: how many books do you own?

Post by cody maracopa »

I've never counted but I find myself turning every nook and cranny into a place for books.
ashleecavitt
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleecavitt.html

Post by ashleecavitt »

I'm not sure the exact number, but for our anniversary my husband bought me 2 6ft bookshelves for all of my books and they're already full. :?
SusanE
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susane.html

Post by SusanE »

I have around 500 or so books. Most of them are at my parent's house and I have about 100 at my place. When I moved out to go to college I was heart broken that not all of my books would fit in my small one bedroom apartment haha.
annasheridan
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annasheridan.html

Post by annasheridan »

I've started trying to build my collection just recently, so just about a small bookshelf full. My amount of books are growing fast though!
angelawinters
Favorite Author: Dean Koontz
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelawinters.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE
fav_author_id: 2595

Post by angelawinters »

At last count there were 1824 in my collection and still growing. I have 2 rooms with floor to ceiling bookshelves. I can't stop reading, lol.
Guradisu
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guradisu.html

Post by Guradisu »

About 200. And have thousands in my computer :D
MatthewAlexander
Currently Reading: It's Kind of a Funny Story
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matthewalexander.html
Latest Review: "Jump" by Michel Sauret

Post by MatthewAlexander »

Around two hundred...I just had to give away a lot of them to make room for new ones! But those are just mine...if I counted all the ones in the house that belong to my family, I'd probably count close to a thousand.
Latest Review: "Jump" by Michel Sauret
onourporch
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onourporch.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Publishing Contest Votes: 10

Post by onourporch »

I own only a handful of books. I read so often that I would go broke if I had to purchase the books I read. Instead, I use my local library on a weekly basis to sign out audio books for the car, children's books to read to my son at bedtime and movies to watch with our entire family. I am also a member of the Free Library of Philadelphia, where I sign out books that I read on my Nook. The library is a wonderful resource that everyone should take advantage of. :D
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
ashleyalanarx90
Favorite Author: H.G. Wells
Favorite Book: Alice.s Adventures in Wonderland
Currently Reading: March
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleyalanarx90.html

Post by ashleyalanarx90 »

I'm up to 312 books. I actually counted them last week while I was going over my "inventory". I keep a list of books that I want to read, and mark off if I own them and if I've read them. I'm an only child, so I still get a good bit of Christmas presents, even at 24, since I don't have any children of my own. All I get are books. My mom is actually the best at finding great copies of books. Books are all I ever want. My belief is that clothes wear out or go out of style, jewelry gets lost or tarnished, movies get old, and music preferences change as new music comes out, but the magic of books last forever. Which is why I take great steps to make sure my books are properly taken care of and preserved.

Ashley
Purely_Poetic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purely-poetic.html

Post by Purely_Poetic »

I only have about 30 back home. Since I moved I have super limited space so I have very reluctantly resorted to eBooks. I love the feeling of physical books but, I just have nowhere to put them. Maybe when I get a bigger place I can start buying books again.
booksbycourtney
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Favorite Book: If I Stay
Currently Reading: Clash of Kings
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksbycourtney.html
fav_author_id: 782

Post by booksbycourtney »

I own a little over 100 books but have read a lot more than that. Often times I find I can't afford buying the books I want to read so I borrow them from friends or the library. And then at Christmas and my birthday I buy as many books as I can!!
Shannon82

Post by Shannon82 »

I used to have such a huge collection of all types of books. I had well over a hundred. I lived in a house with black mold and had to move out and ended up having to leave mostly all my books, there were very few that didn't have mold, so now I'm basically starting my book collection all over again.
TGarbett72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tgarbett72.html

Post by TGarbett72 »

Books have been a bit of an addiction to buy. I probably have at least 200 now but keep buying more. Found a great thrift store that sells them for 50 cents a paperback and 1.00 for hardcover. Hard to pass by! :) need to start reading them too lol.
Mschneider75

Post by Mschneider75 »

About 445 give or take. Mostly historical non-fiction, with a nice sprinkling of Sci-fi, poetry and fiction to give it balance.
RDBrightness

Post by RDBrightness »

Hundreds of books! I can't throw them out, they're part of my family, lots of good memories attached to them all.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”