how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Rocketchess
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rocketchess »

I have hundreds of books in my collection. My book shelf takes up the entire wall, and it is overflowing.
BarrieReader

Post by BarrieReader »

Even though I read constantly, and always have at least two books on the go, I don't own very many. I use our local library and any that I do buy I usually donate to a crisis centre or the library.
wisar500

Post by wisar500 »

Moms and other family mebers are great for borrowing when they have good taste at least ;).

I buy/bought probably 4 books at a time per month... so that also adds up over time.
jv08

Post by jv08 »

We have about a 100 books at home. Some were donated or give away.
moonlightangel89

Post by moonlightangel89 »

i probably have about 130? not sure lol
UnsungHero

Post by UnsungHero »

A couple hundred. Ever since I was little and saw Beauty in the Beast I wanted to have a library in my house, it wont be as big, but someday I'll have it. :D
johnlovesbooks

Post by johnlovesbooks »

I used to own thousands - I still own hundreds, maybe even a thousand, but not as bad as it used to be. My problem was I had to buy new and then I never could get rid of them - I hoarded. Over the last few years I have been able to donate and/or sell my used books and it feels great to be rid of that baggage! If there is a book I really wanted to read again I can just go to the library.
Gen

Post by Gen »

I own around three or four hundred books. I have two floor-to-ceiling bookshelves completely stuffed with them. My dad's threatened to get rid of them several times to make room, but I'll never give them up. As it is, my goal, when I get my own place in a few years, is to add many more bookshelves' worth to my collection.
tommy

Post by tommy »

I think it's almost 2000. I read only 10% of them. :lol:
superb8effect

Post by superb8effect »

Definitely thousands of books for me.
Electronic Cigar

Post by Electronic Cigar »

When I buy a new book or if I get it as gift, I will read it and if it isn't one that I would read over and over then I give it to the public library. However if I absolutely love it then I will keep it. That is why I only have a few books!
reddog1083

Post by reddog1083 »

In the 100-150 range. Need a new bookshelf soon.
therewaseden

Post by therewaseden »

Yeah, I got tired of moving them all, so I only have about 100 that I love or are older books or are first editions.
*Little tip - the library is a beautiful thing. All books (and CDs and DVDs for that matter) that you donate either:

a) go into their resources for other people to enjoy or
b) get sold at functions and sales, and all money goes to benefit the library so they can promote educational events and get more books

And, added bonus for those of us with small apartments and houses, it frees up space for things like seating and walking paths :-)
jennifersaurya

Post by jennifersaurya »

i have 20-30 books and rest of the book i borrowed from my friends
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

I just counted - I have 67 books!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”