how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
christinedawson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by christinedawson »

I own 120 books.
Rhianna

Post by Rhianna »

Too many to count
prettyvicky

Post by prettyvicky »

i have a huge collection. don't even know how many. lol
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

Only one large bookshelf full. I always give them to friends if I think they would like them or donate them to the local library or SPCA. I just hold onto the hardcovers and series.
angelnetinc

Post by angelnetinc »

I've never counted them, but I'm sure it's 100+. I actually just sold a ton of books at my garage sale. They were taking over the house. I have books in every room of the house.
shanshaukat

Post by shanshaukat »

u r right
money1402

Post by money1402 »

I only have 13 books which are my all time favourites. Im 13 so i dont have the money to buy every book i read. so i go down to the library and read the books there for FREE! if i bought every book i read id be near 400 and in debt of close to £3000.
i buy my favourite books off amazon and as i said i only have 13 books.
baiter

Post by baiter »

once i owned too many but since I had my kids I've begun shedding most of them once I've read them unless they really really impress me. So I have some books I define as personal classics, otherwise I end up putting them up on an internet swap site and getting new books that way, passing others on to friends and charity for as they say a good book should be read and read .... :lol:
shanshaukat

Post by shanshaukat »

i have alarge number of books which i occaionally read
sarascareermail

Post by sarascareermail »

I own 378 books at this time. Some of the books have been passed down to me from my grandparents and parents.
xaraan

Post by xaraan »

I have no idea how many books I have. Probably in the thousands, not even counting getting into comic books. They are everywhere.
hania5

Post by hania5 »

I haven't counted, but I have a couple of bookshelves and some in the attic waiting for more shelf space. Never enough room. I have culled alot and am starting to reaccumulate :D
Woodland Nymph

Post by Woodland Nymph »

I have hundreds of books, probably because I ravage every used book sale I can ever find.
LauraH

Post by LauraH »

I think I have about one thousand.
I counted them a few years back and I was at 400- but that was about 5 years ago that I counted. I know that I have bought many many books since then. I read about 3 books per week and I have to buy them.

It's become quite a sickness... but at least it's a smart sickness, albeit an expensive one.
poomlie

Post by poomlie »

I probably had close to a thousand at one time, my own and I inherited all of my mother's books. But I moved and had to give most of them away, my new place being much smaller. Share the wealth! I did keep my favorites of course and now I utilize the library.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”