how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Kourtney_chambliss
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-chambliss.html

Re: how many books do you own?

Post by Kourtney_chambliss »

I have 650 ebooks 500 real books at my house and close to 50 or 60 stashed at relatives friends and my boyfriend's house.
Nicole365
Currently Reading: Stolen Voices
Bookshelf Size: 308

Post by Nicole365 »

I have plenty of books my mom says but i would love more!! On my bookshelf I have 183 books but I have so many ebook on kindle and on a reading website called Wattpad. I wish I could have more books but at the moment I have absolutly no more room for any, wish I did!
the biblophile

Post by the biblophile »

I have around two thousand and some change
Wender2you
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wender2you.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Wender2you »

Owning books on a kindle is another story altogether, in that case I own about 600 books on my kindle alone.
kaushi242
Currently Reading: Hands Across The Sea
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by kaushi242 »

Hundreds I guess... Won't be able to stop counting if I ever started :D :D :lol:
Eaxtell
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Eaxtell »

I have not counted my books but I would have to say at least 200. I have recently discovered Audio books for my kids (who have A LOT of books across a large genre and age groups) which they really enjoy. I have bought myself one Audio book ( Outlander ) and I was pleased to be able to get both housework done AND 'read' a book. I think I might be a 'fan' :roll:
taylorjordan429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylorjordan429.html

Post by taylorjordan429 »

I recently moved across the country and had to leave a lot of my books behind at my childhood home because we couldn't fit them all in the van :( easily close to 100, though! I want more!
Vonbendt

Post by Vonbendt »

I have three kindles and three full bookcases at my house. So, the number is over 1,000. I actually haven't counted, but it would be a good idea to catalogue all of those, like another person suggested. My favorite books right now happen to be in the romance genre, but as a historian, I also like history books that challenge our pre-conceived notions of what actually happened in the past.
Jane Doe
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-doe.html

Post by Jane Doe »

96 on my shelf but i still have boxes in my attic AND a relative is going to give me their books too... so i guess not enough
dee74
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Dracula</a>
Currently Reading: The Prodigal Son
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee74.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by dee74 »

I currently own over 1500 boojs and collecting more
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

The physical books i own aren't that many but i do have hundreds of electronic books.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
lilac4689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilac4689.html

Post by lilac4689 »

If we are talking about just physical books then I have somewhere arund hundred books but if are talking about both physical books and ebooks then I have no idea. A lot i'd say.
pinkleo1976

Post by pinkleo1976 »

If I only count paper books and not e-books,its only about 200. If however I count the books I have on my nook, and kindle, as well as my google account and kindle reader app, well that puts us near 500 owned books and more than 300 more borrowed from other readers. If I count text books, and children's literature I read to teach from I am more than a 1000. I am just glad my library doesn't charge me after a certain number of books.
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

if I count.... it's around 100 and um still collecting books.it's just paper books.
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

I estimate a couple hundred. I enjoy buying textbooks and children's books. I always look for used copies at yard sales, thrift stores, or online. I get most of the fiction books that I read from the library.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”