how many books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
courtsrad
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtsrad.html

Re: how many books do you own?

Post by courtsrad »

I really have never counted, but I have a lot. Probably around 50 actual copies of books, and I couldn't tell you how many ebooks I have.
Host25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-host25.html

Post by Host25 »

I have hundreds of paper books I lost count as had to box them up and put them into storage! I also have over 500 now on my kindle. I love reading and think the kindle has made it much easier to get new books, although I love going and getting my paper books out and re reading them .
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

I just did a purge of my books not too long ago and have around 50 now. I hate collecting things and finding room for all my books was getting to be too much work.
Hendmosaad89
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hendmosaad89.html
Latest Review: "From Nathan to Nanako" by T.F. Wright

Post by Hendmosaad89 »

I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed or proud to say I own 250 books kindle editions. These are minus the paperback ones I have on my room shelves:)
Latest Review: "From Nathan to Nanako" by T.F. Wright
cmss710
Bookshelf Size: 1573
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmss710.html

Post by cmss710 »

I used to have a room full but when kids started coming, I pared it down quite a bit. Now I hoard e-books and have thousands of them.
QueenPeng44
Currently Reading: Piece de Resistance
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queenpeng44.html
Latest Review: "Glimpses of Autobiography" by jt
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by QueenPeng44 »

About 300 Hardbacks, 50 paperbacks, and about 40 e-books, equals a lot of fun reading books!
Latest Review: "Glimpses of Autobiography" by jt
dancing with hugo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancing-with-hugo.html

Post by dancing with hugo »

Only a vey few and mostly about antique and collectible fishing lures. Usually I read library books or digital. When I do buy a hard copy for myself, after I've finished with it I donate it to our local library to share with other readers.
nessarae56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nessarae56.html

Post by nessarae56 »

Well as of right no I have about 300 in my house. I have another 500 packed away so yea I have a whole lot
DeeDeey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deedeey.html

Post by DeeDeey »

I have 97 paperbacks on my shelves (not sure how many are out, borrowed by friends), 18 hardcovers and 65 on kindle
myamjohnson

Post by myamjohnson »

I have crates of books (books from when I was little) I would estimate around 700 children books and about forty books I've recently started collecting so I own anywhere from 740ish books
Heather travels
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather-travels.html

Post by Heather travels »

I had to give away/sell about a third of my collection when it got past 600... but the paper books that I got rid of I found for my Kindle, which currently has over a thousand books. Yes, it's an addiction!
shantyknight
Favorite Author: P. N. Elrod
Currently Reading: The Last American Vampire
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by shantyknight »

We have about 700 books at the moment. The number fluctuates often. One bedroom has been turned into a "Book Nook", with wall to wall bookcases and also bookcase aisles in between. There is a few more bookcases throughout the house. Fiction is all on computer, alphabetically by author; non fiction is a much smaller number and in a separate bookcase.
gatorgirl_823
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatorgirl-823.html
Latest Review: "Slam" by Tash McAdam

Post by gatorgirl_823 »

I used to tons of actual paperback books but cleaned off my shelf when I got my Kindle Fire a couple of years ago. Now i have primarily ebooks, which are convenient to read anywhere. I still LOVE visiting bookstores and the library though and looking through actual physical books.
Latest Review: "Slam" by Tash McAdam
Ejgard91
Currently Reading: The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejgard91.html
Latest Review: "Secrets of the Throne" by CC Rogers

Post by Ejgard91 »

I have two bookshelves full of actual books and a couple hundred on my kindle...and then so many more on my wishlist...
Latest Review: "Secrets of the Throne" by CC Rogers
Celticmabh13
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticmabh13.html

Post by Celticmabh13 »

Well it got to the point where I was ordering 20 or so books every couple months.... We were running out of book room so I was gifted an iPad. I boxed my books and lost count after 6th big Rubbermaid container. Maybe over 300 and gosh I don't know I have probably read over 300 ebooks in the last bit.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”