What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
hersheyroxs
Favorite Author: Veronica Roth
Favorite Book: Divergent
Currently Reading: Legend trilogy
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hersheyroxs.html
fav_author_id: 2445

Re: What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Post by hersheyroxs »

I would love to see Out Of My Mind turn into a movie
bhart1988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhart1988.html
Latest Review: The Newton Code by Liam Fialkov

Post by bhart1988 »

The Jim Butcher Dresden books. They tried a TV series, but it didn't do the books justice.
WinterCandyMints
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wintercandymints.html

Post by WinterCandyMints »

A Wrinkle in Time - it's my all time favorite book. Yes, it does have a movie adaptation, but I hate it. It was awfully made. They did a terrible job and ruined a great story. For one thing, they completely disregard the characters appearances - I don't know where Meg or Calvin are, let alone who the people are in the movie. They might as well have not read a bit of the story or taken in consideration important details. It irritates me. I would by all means love to see it re-made.
Cenna
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cenna.html

Post by Cenna »

The Girl who Circumnagivated Fairyland in a Ship of her own Making..though it would just be entirely CGI if it was live-action so maybe animated? But there's so many details in it that it would be impossible to put half of them in the movie..
aaMartin2
Favorite Book: The Sight by David Clement-Davis
Currently Reading: Requiem Sweep Divergent
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aamartin2.html

Post by aaMartin2 »

michellezo wrote:I would love to The Night Circus made into a movie, the book is so written with such great imagery, I would love to see it done correctly. I would also like to see the Kane Chronicles or Mortal Instruments made into a movie, of course any od them need to be treated properly to avoid massacring the adaptations.
Interesting. I had never heard of this book until my sister started it a few months ago. Now here it is again.

-- 17 Oct 2014, 15:56 --

When I was younger it was my dream to make a CGI movie of The Sight by David Clement-Davis. I wanted to be the director.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Flight Behaviour by Barbara Kingsolver would make a brilliant movie - I really hope somebody does do it.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
craftshley
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-craftshley.html
Latest Review: "Shoulda Woulda Coulda" by Chris Johnston

Post by craftshley »

I would love to see the Sweep series by Cate Tiernan made into a movie or, better yet, a TV show. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline would be great as a movie. I think it's been picked up for movie rights and should be developed within a few years.
Latest Review: "Shoulda Woulda Coulda" by Chris Johnston
aaMartin2
Favorite Book: The Sight by David Clement-Davis
Currently Reading: Requiem Sweep Divergent
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aamartin2.html

Post by aaMartin2 »

craftshley wrote:I would love to see the Sweep series by Cate Tiernan made into a movie or, better yet, a TV show. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline would be great as a movie. I think it's been picked up for movie rights and should be developed within a few years.
I'm trying to read the first Sweep book, but I can't really get into it. I personally don't really like her writing style.
Atem

Post by Atem »

I would like to see Gateway made into a film, but I think some films have already taken some parts of the novel in different places. But an entire film based on Gateway would be interesting. No CGI of course. All modeling like Kubrick used in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
WinterCandyMints
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wintercandymints.html

Post by WinterCandyMints »

I would love to see the rest of the "A Wrinkle in Time" series made into movies.
abbysyabooks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbysyabooks.html

Post by abbysyabooks »

Tiger's Curse and The Selection Series. They would both make great movies to me...The Selection is like the Hunger Games. I think Tiger's Curse would be cool because it's set in India and ,well, Ren!
shivi1321
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivi1321.html

Post by shivi1321 »

Stolen by Lucy Christopher, I know at some point it has been in a works progress, but I want to see if the movies can make me feel the amount of Stockholm syndrome that novel did.
cmm406
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmm406.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by cmm406 »

I would love to see the Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole turned into a movie. The books are full of adventure and intrigue it would be interesting to see that world come to life.
BookWorm82

Post by BookWorm82 »

Mine is being turned into a movie. Murder she baked. Joanna fluke
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by booklvr62 »

Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind by Ann B.Ross. Love this look at the culture of the American Southeast,reminds me somewhat of Fannie Flagg's~ Fried Green Tomatoes.

Return to “Films and Books”