How Many Books Do You Read At The Same Time?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
CrazyBookFan1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazybookfan1.html

Re: How Many Books Do You Read At The Same Time?

Post by CrazyBookFan1 »

I usually only read one book at a time. I like to focus all my attention on just one set of characters and events. But occasionally I will read 2 books at the same time.
clara_manak

Post by clara_manak »

I'm a college student, so I have anywhere from 1-6 books gonna at the same time. This doesn't count the 1 or 2 "fun reads" that I have going. When I'm not in school, I have had up to 5 books going. I prefer that because sometimes I need a change in writing style or plot.
bluetree16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluetree16.html

Post by bluetree16 »

I usually only read one book at a time, but I was reading three or four one time.
sissybear
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sissybear.html

Post by sissybear »

six or more it depends oh the book:D
mitabajaj

Post by mitabajaj »

Generally, I read only one book at a same time, but sometimes I read two to three books.
mbeasley
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbeasley.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by mbeasley »

Usually 3. If I have any more than that going there will probably be at least one that I don't end up finishing.
Ian
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ian.html

Post by Ian »

Some times I have a book on my kindle one to and from work and one to read at night. It depends on my mood at the time in what format of book I would read.
michael_smith
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-smith.html

Post by michael_smith »

Usually only two at a time. I generally have one physical book that is on my nightstand that I'll read for a little while each evening. I always keep one going on my Kindle as well, and sometimes more than one. I doubt I am ever reading more than 3 books at a time.
enshafer2
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enshafer2.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Post by enshafer2 »

I'm a one book at a time kind of girl. You absolutely have to be immersed in one work because any more than that is perhaps like putting yourself on edge. When I read I can't imagine any complex outside that one.
E. Shafer

"No Act of Kindness, No Matter How Small, Is Wasted."
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
troy_green
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troy-green.html

Post by troy_green »

I'm reading about 5 or 6 right now hahaha :D for some reason i can never finish one before i have to start another!
XxMonsterLoverxX
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xxmonsterloverxx.html

Post by XxMonsterLoverxX »

As much as I'd love to read one book at a time, usually I end up reading three or four. One on my phone, (which currently is M.I.A,) One or two on my kobo, and one paperback. Don't know why, but it happens every time. I guess in case my devices need to be charged, I always have a backup.
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

I only read one at a time. When I have had more than one on the go I find I start getting the stories mixed up
sophiachic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophiachic.html

Post by sophiachic »

I really only read one or else i end up forgetting what happens in the first book.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I read only one book at a tiny. Not sure I would enjoy mixing up story lines of several. Isn't it confusing? I have started to listen to audio books while busy with my hands so thought I might try to have a second "real" book going at the same tine. Nit sure how that is going to work out.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
SalenaParker
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salenaparker.html

Post by SalenaParker »

Usually, I only read one book so I do not get distracted by other texts or literature while focusing on that specific book. I tried reading four books once....never again :?

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”