Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums
! If you are already a member, please log in
. Otherwise, please join by registering now
! It's quick, easy and completely free!
Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Sheila wrote:I believe if you go with most printed than it is in fact the Bible. I took the question as what was the first book that gained significant popularity at the time it was originally printed.
Ah, that's a whole new ball game as well. The Bible may not be the most popular book in the world but it has had significant print runs!
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
- Posts: 2400
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 23:05
- Location: Queensland Australia
- Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
- Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
Did you know?
- Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!
They say the most widely read publication in the world while not exactly a book, is TV Guide.
- Posts: 10169
- Joined: 02 Apr 2011, 21:24
- Location: Mexico
Bighuey wrote:They say the most widely read publication in the world while not exactly a book, is TV Guide.
*ROTFLMAO* Sadly, how true that probably is !
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
- Posts: 637
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 07:54
- Location: Missouri - U.S.A.
I'm sorry but Wikipedia is not the best source to use. What about the Torah?
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 25 Apr 2012, 19:42
Don Quixote is my guess:)
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 17 Feb 2011, 02:43