Reading Exhaustion

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Reading Exhaustion

Post by MarisaRose »

I think there have been times where I have felt emotionally exhausted after finishing a book. If a book is really good and I'm really invested in the characters I feel I need a break before I can pick up another book. This is why I really like series! I never have to worry about missing my favorite characters.
DiverseSpirit
Currently Reading: Last Train to Istanbul
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diversespirit.html

Post by DiverseSpirit »

My 7th grade English class was required to read The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien. By the way, this was about 10 years ago.

We read along to a tape player in class and we had to gather a massive load of patience to get through that book. The teacher emphasized that J. R. R. Tolkien's work was primarily descriptive of everything, which caused reading exhaustion. Fortunately, we lived through reading it and I am proud to say that I have read The Hobbit.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

Yes, I have had some of those experiences then it takes me quite awhile before I can get myself in the mood to start reading another one.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”