Best book you've read that hasn't been turned into a movie?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Best book you've read that hasn't been turned into a mov

Post by Bighuey »

I read one a while back, Footsteps Of Thunder by James David. Its a very good book about a time shift that puts dinosaurs in modern times. It would make a great movie if its done right.

Someone mentioned Geek Love. That reminds me of a movie that came out in the 40's called Nightmare Alley with Tyrone Power. It was about a circus con man, a real jerk and it mentions circus geeks who were usually down and out alcoholic bums who they would pass off as for jungle wild men and keep these guys in booze until they usually died. Kind of a dark depressing flick but enjoyable.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
beebee216
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beebee216.html
Latest Review: "Braineater Jones" by Stephen Kozeniewski
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by beebee216 »

I will forever be upset that the Uglies series was never made into either a movie or a tv show. I feel that if it was done correctly it could have been soooo amazing! I'm still holding out hope that they will eventually make it!
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying" -Oscar Wilde
Latest Review: "Braineater Jones" by Stephen Kozeniewski
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Afterage by Yvonne Navarro
Vampire apocalypse set in chicago. I've reread it a few times, which is saying something.

The Fire Children by Lauren Roy
Yound adult fantasy. I can just see some of the scenes, even now...in my head. Children made of fire, a flame floating across the room...amazing.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Christinar81
Favorite Author: Too hard to pick one
Currently Reading: Barracuda
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinar81.html
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon

Post by Christinar81 »

Michael Crichton's Pirate Latitudes. It's a wonderful book with a great storyline. So many of his books were made into movies. I always wondered why this one wasn't. Probably because there are so many other pirate movies out there.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”