Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.5 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on August 16, 2016, at 8:19 pm by cts827.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

ISBN: 9781518806919

Banished Threads: (Threads #3)

by Kaylin McFarren

The First Ten

Because Banished Threads was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled the book without the program, since it is the third installment in a series. I prefer to start series from the start, even if each book is a stand-alone. The cover is beautiful and the blurb informative, if a bit too detailed. The book started well, with murder no less, and it had me hooked. The next scene, introducing Rachel Lyons and Chase Cohen, was less captivating. I won't read it as it didn't grab me enough to want to finish it. I didn't see any official review, but it didn't affect my decision either way.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 10:16 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Vermont Reviews

Chase Cohen and Rachel Lyons are back with more adventures in today's book of the day Banished Threads by Kaylin McFarren. After reading the preview and the reviews of today's book I decided to download a copy. I love the descriptions in the book and the style and story characters used by Kaylin excellent.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 11:50 am by Vermont Reviews.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

bookowlie

I didn't really care for the cover. It's a bit bland and didn't make me curious to know more about the book. The summary blurb appears to be professionally edited, but it was very long and gave me a sense that the plot would be too busy for my taste. The sample is technically well-written, but slow-paced with an overabundance of adjectives for minor things. Based on the summary and beginning pages, I am not interested in reading further.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 12:23 pm by bookowlie.

Sarah_Khan

At first glance, the title and the cover art of this novel are intriguing, they make me want to find out more. I thought the blurb was adequately written, it gave enough information but without any spoilers.
After reading the first ten pages, I was impressed by how well-written this book is. It also seems professionally edited. I enjoyed reading the first few pages, but I have too much on my plate now, therefore I do not intend to purchase this novel today.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 1:02 pm by Sarah_Khan.

James Craft

This book has a good number of reviews and looks to be a good package with reviews spread across all three books. The cover is interesting and easy to ready, and the blurb is well put together without any extraneous stuff. All in all, it looks like a very compelling read on first analysis and nothing really strikes me as poorly done. The review section is a little bit long but not too much so, and it is well-formatted so no problem there. The opening starts off slow and looks to be edited and formatted correctly for the most part. Paul Lyons feels like an interesting character and the opening does make me want to read further, but I'm not sure when I will get around to doing it. It is on KU so I will pick up a copy and add to the pile, though.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 1:47 pm by James Craft.

CrescentMoon

Based on the blurb, I don't think I would pick this book up. The storyline sounds really busy and convoluted and I really don't think I am the target audience for this story. After reading the first ten pages, I didn't really get hooked into the story. I will not be finishing this.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 2:46 pm by CrescentMoon.

jamesabr

The Prologue was very thrilling and the exposition of the first chapter was informative to the main characters who may be involved with the characters from it. If I were not a part of First Ten, I would not have chosen to sample this book. The genre is great, but I am unfamiliar with the author's work. The presence of an OnlineBookClub review maybe would have altered this view, but I will never know. I will not buy and read the whole book, because despite the thrill of the Prologue, I have other books to read that hold my interest longer. There were no grammar errors or typos.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 8:47 pm by jamesabr.

mratdegraff91

The book has a beautiful cover. In reading the summary offered with the drawing and on Amazon I am interested in reading it. There is not an OnlineBookClub review, but the book has over 70 reviews on Amazon. It is part of a series, but as mentioned in the short description it can be read alone. In sampling the book, I observed that the story line flows smoothly and there were not any grammar errors. I am in love with the characters Chase and Rachel after reading the first chapter. I am curious to see what craziness they get themselves into in this book.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 9:23 pm by mratdegraff91.

Kdonegan91

Although I enjoy murder mystery books, this one just is not for me. I enjoyed the first chapter of the sample but the rest progressed slowly. After chapter one, the book lost my interest. Therefore I will not be purchasing this book. The book was professionally edited and the cover is creative.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 9:50 pm by Kdonegan91.

Leese

I probably wouldn't have given this book much thought if they free sample wasn't offered. The cover strikes me as something written for young adults and gives off the impression of a romance novel. After reading the blurb, I was slightly more interested but not enough to purchase the book and read the entire thing.

From the sample, it seems to be well-written and edited and the writer paints a nice scene with great imagery. The plot doesn't grab me as much as I would like, but that may be due to personal preference.

I'm not going to purchase the book immediately, but it may be something for me to revisit in the future. I would like to read the reviews of more people before committing to read the book as it's not usually a genre I'd choose to read, but my view may be swayed if it garners more positive reviews.

First Ten review added on February 8, 2017, at 1:52 am by Leese.

L_Therese

I wasn't sure what to think of this one at first. The title sounded like a romance. The cover looked historical. The tag line sounded like a murder mystery. I probably would not have given it a chance if not for this program. Then I had reservations about whether it would actually stand alone as promised or whether it would be better to read the series in order. As I began the sample, I did feel a little lost, but in a way that I probably would have eventually been able to figure it out. However, I don't have the available free time to take that chance, so I'm going to pass this time.

First Ten review added on February 8, 2017, at 1:59 am by L_Therese.

Gravy

Having sampled the first two books in this series, I can say that this one sounds as promising as the others. I found no errors, and enjoy the author's style. However, this is not a genre I really read, and my reading this would be contingent on my reading the other two, so it's a no for me at this time.

First Ten review added on February 8, 2017, at 5:16 am by Gravy.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I am not sure if I would have read it. While the synopsis confused me, I am currently reading the second book in the series and I may want to read the other books also. Having read the sample, I thought that there were many descriptions. However, the author creates the atmosphere effectively. The book seems to be professionally edited. I did not come across an Onlinebookclub review for the book, but I don't think that the absence of one affected my decision. While I will not be purchasing this book now, I might choose to read it in the future.

First Ten review added on February 8, 2017, at 12:22 pm by AA1495.

hsimone

The cover is so grabbing that even without anything else, I would have sampled this book without this program. Everything else about this book also would have led me into sampling - the title, genre, blurb, and the positive ratings. This one in the series doesn't have an OBC review, but the first one has an OBC review, and the reliable OBC reviewer really enjoyed, so I have high hopes for this one.

Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I really like how descriptive the author is when Chase's perspective enters. He seems like a likable character and has an interesting relationship with Rachel. I did find myself a little confused toward the very beginning with the Watcher; I had to re-read that part for a better understanding. Other than that, the read seems like it will be interesting one, and obviously many people have enjoyed it. Therefore, I plan on finishing this read.

First Ten review added on February 8, 2017, at 1:42 pm by hsimone.

anneloretrujillo

I might have sampled this book based on the title, cover, and genre. It seemed interesting. After reading the first ten pages, I will not be buying this book. I couldn't get myself interested as I read. The description seemed good, it just wasn't pulling in my attention. It did seem to be professionally edited. I also noticed that there was not an OBC review. This did affect my decision. If there had been an OBC review that was positive, I might have given the book another chance and bought it. I don't really like to buy books without the review.

First Ten review added on February 8, 2017, at 10:43 pm by anneloretrujillo.

MarisaRose

Prior to sampling this book as part of the first ten program, I would not have considered reading it as it is not the first book in the series and I prefer to read a series in order. After reading the positive OBC review as well as the reviews on Amazon, I was excited to sample the book. The prologue piqued my interest and the book appears to be well written and has no noticeable editorial errors. Although I am not going to buy this book now, I will look into the first book in the series and if I enjoy that one, I will consider revisiting "Banished Threads."

First Ten review added on February 8, 2017, at 11:22 pm by MarisaRose.

jungkookblog

I think I will be reading this book because the plot seems like it would be very deep and filled with secrets. I am going to be reading the whole book because the dialogue caught my eye. The characters seem very interesting and I like the relationship between Gwen and the watcher. He seems very mysterious. It seems professionally edited. I did not see a review, and I don't think it would affect my decision.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 1:43 am by jungkookblog.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would not have read the book. The cover is great but the blurb lost me. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. I felt very confused about the characters, although I think this is because this is the third book in the series. I felt like the writing was good, especially how each chapter concluded. It was professionally edited and I did not read an official review.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 6:54 am by psychopathycathy.

Cjgarland89

I was definitely interested in this book at first. Chase and Rachel are captivating characters and from the first ten and I plan to purchase and continue this book. Even though it was part of a series I didn't find it difficult to pick up on everything. I didn't see any errors and it seems professionally edited.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 7:58 am by Cjgarland89.

klbradley

The prologue of this story had my interest completely peaked. With some stranger staring out at the young woman who arrived, he knew it would be an easy job to give her a push. Despite the fact that she thinks she is meeting her married lover, there isn't much of a cause given as to why someone would want to hurt her. Because these first pages left me hanging and wanting more, I'm planning to continue with the book. I didn't find any errors so far, but I did find that the author describes scenes thoroughly.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 8:43 am by klbradley.

truebookaddict

Had I not sampled this book as part of this program, I would have chosen to read/sample it based on the blurb, and my interest in the genre and the previous books in the series.

I will not be buying the book at this time because it is above my eBook spending limit. Once I've read the first and second books in the series, and if I can catch the price lower at a later date, I will probably read it then.

This book is well-edited. I did not find any typos or grammatical errors.

Wow, that prologue! An excellent way to start off a book, in my opinion. The reader is left wanting more. How will this event tie into the main story? Going into the first chapter with Chase and Rachel, I'm not so sure about the likability of the characters. Of course, the characters don't have to be likable to enjoy a book, in my opinion. Based on the first ten pages of this book, this seems like it will be an engaging mystery/thriller.

This book was not officially reviewed on OBC. The lack of such a review did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 8:46 am by truebookaddict.

Total ~ 33%

This book earned a score of 33%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 33% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Banished Threads in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Banished Threads in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

ilovebooks2

Want To Read Shelf

Mom14043

4-Star Shelf

kar3nna

Want To Read Shelf

Strangerthanfiction

Want To Read Shelf

Majikalone

Currently Reading Shelf

Maryannwrites-15

Want To Read Shelf