OnlineBookClub.org

Featured Book

Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.3 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on August 3, 2016, at 7:24 pm by CrescentMoon.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

Sleep then my Princess: A thriller

by O. N. Stefan

The First Ten

Because Sleep then my Princess was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

I may have sampled the book as I love the genre. The cover isn't very appealing. The blurb is ok, but adding all those beta readers' excerpts was unnecessary and tiresome. The book started well enough, with the "so called accident", but then the pace slowed down. I didn't have any problem following the speakers, but I found the dialogues far too dry. I won't buy and read the book as it just didn't draw me in.

First Ten review added on December 26, 2016, at 11:09 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Sarah_Khan

I like the title of this book because it seems creepy and fits well with the blurb. The cover art is not very original and I feel like the font does not match well.
After reading the first ten pages, I can say that this book is professionally edited and well-written. The thriller genre is very competitive and not much about this novel sticks out to me therefore I do not intend to read the rest.

First Ten review added on December 26, 2016, at 12:02 pm by Sarah_Khan.

bookowlie

The cover is very eye-catching, but the word "Addictive Thriller" are awkwardly worded - it should say "An Addictive Thriller." The first paragraph of the summary is well written, but the rest of the blurb is not formatted well. The comments from readers should be in quotes or presented in such a way that it is clear that they are comments, instead of the rest of the summary. When I first read the blurb, it was choppy and hard to follow until I reread it and realized most of the paragraphs were readers' comments; this is not clear. I found the sample pages a little boring - the writing is a little flat and has a step-by-step quality of describing every minute action. Based on the summary and beginning pages, I am not too interested in reading further.

First Ten review added on December 26, 2016, at 12:06 pm by bookowlie.

jamesabr

I was ambivalent from the synopsis that OnlineBookClub provided, but I will definitely purchase and read the whole book. The reason that my opinion changed was because of the excerpt I read coupled with the professional review of it on OnlineBookClub. The review was overall positive, but reading ten pages convinced me that the plot would be structured in a way that promises a terrifying (yet terrific) experience into the life of Stephani and her stalker. My favorite part of the bit that I read was the immediate establishment of the setting's tone in both the prologue and chapter one. "This was his night" firmly set a tone of determination and defiance to any obstacle. Despite the shaky hands that he has while completing his task, I suspect that this attitude will likely crop up throughout the novel, adding suspense if he is the stalker I've read about in the reviews. The book appears professionally edited.

First Ten review added on December 26, 2016, at 12:13 pm by jamesabr.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

Vermont Reviews

Oh you've got me attention. Stephani Robbins is being stalked by someone nicknamed Puddles. After reading the preview and the reviews. I did download the book. Looking forward to adding it to my 2017 reading list. Sleep Then My Princess by O.N. Stefan is one I am looking forward to finishing. I see some of the reviews were not very good. Must be you've corrected the story as I did not agree with them. I found your story exciting to read.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on December 26, 2016, at 3:20 pm by Vermont Reviews.

anneloretrujillo

I would have sampled this book based on the title, genre, cover and the OBC review. It sounded like an interesting thriller. After reading the first ten pages,8 will not be finishing this book. I was interested after reading the prologue, but I didn't really like it much after that. It is a good story, but I wasn't a big fan of the style of writing. The main character works in a tissue lab, and hey use quite a few technical terms while talking. This kind of dropped my interest while I was reading. I also noticed a few errors in grammar right away. One was the use of italics without there really being a reason. The others were in punctuation.

First Ten review added on December 26, 2016, at 4:54 pm by anneloretrujillo.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would have read the book. It seems extremely interesting, and I love emotional and psychological thrillers. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. There are a lot of chapters with a lot of dialogue, and although they occasionally sound unrealistic, I really liked the "detached" style that the author had. It seemed professionally edited, and I did not read an official review.

First Ten review added on December 26, 2016, at 6:26 pm by psychopathycathy.

Kdonegan91

After reading the OBC review, I was not planning on buying the book because of the editing errors the reviewer mentioned. However, after reading the sample, I am hooked. I have to see what happens to Stephanie next. The sample flowed well and I did not notice any spelling or grammatical errors thus far. The cover informs the reader that the book is probably going to center around the crime/thriller genre. The title also caught my attention and sparked my curiosity.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 1:39 am by Kdonegan91.

L_Therese

The first thing I noticed about this book was the lack of commas in the title. That right there was an immediate turn off. The review had a lot of great things to say about characterization and suspense, but there were also comments about some grammar issues. As I read the first ten pages, I was keeping an eye out for errors, and I didn't notice anything egregious. The opening scene was vivid and horrifying, but some of the dialogue in the second scene felt unnatural. Since I wasn't completely thrilled, I decided not to buy and finish this book.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 1:52 am by L_Therese.

Gravy

I doubt I would've looked at this, but reading the official review made me curious. I thought I might actually be interested in this book.
Unfortunately, the sample did not pull me in.
There were errors, enough that an edit would be advisable. The storyline really had me interested, but the execution fell short of my hopes. The writing was just a little too simple for my taste.

I will not be continuing.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 7:46 am by Gravy.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I wouldn't have read it. I generally read romance or humor genres. Having sampled the book, I liked the author's writing style. It was easy to read & follow. I could imagine the scenes being described. However, I would have liked to know the characters better. The book seems to be professionally edited. It has a favorable Onlinebookclub review. While I'm sure fans of the genre would love the book, I do not think it is for me.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 10:42 am by AA1495.

Momlovesbooks

I read the OBC review and was very interested. The reviewer rated this book highly. I enjoy thrillers and mysteries so this seemed right up my alley. I read the first few pages and was hooked. The main character is engaging and the drama started instantly. I didn't notice any errors in the first pages. I bought the book immediately and will definitely be reading it.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 12:45 pm by Momlovesbooks.

Cjgarland89

At first glance this seemed to be a book I'd enjoy reading, based on the cover and the OBC review along with the genre and everything. After reading the sample my opinion changed. It is well written free from mistakes but it just didn't keep my attention enough in the first ten to make me want to read the entire book. Stephani seems to be a strong lead, and I'm sure this is a great book for avid thriller readers.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 4:50 pm by Cjgarland89.

hsimone

The cover is a bit too creepy for me, as well as the title. A good thriller is a genre I sometimes enjoy, however, the reviews are mixed. Therefore, I would not have sampled this book on my own.

Based on the bit I read, the book does seem professionally edited. I liked the writing flow in the piece; it keeps the reader curious as what's going to happen next. However, since this does involve a stalker, I am not going to finish this the read; the subject makes me feel uncomfortable.

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 6:27 pm by hsimone.

MarisaRose

I'm a big fan of crime thrillers; that being said I would have at least sampled "Sleep Then My Princess" prior to reading it as part of this program. After sampling the first ten pages, I'm intrigued by this book. I thought the prologue grabbed me; I wanted to know who this man was and why he wanted this man and child dead. I thought what I read of the book was well written and appears to be professionally edited. After reading the first ten pages of this book I've decide I'm going to buy and finish this book

First Ten review added on December 27, 2016, at 9:38 pm by MarisaRose.

jungkookblog

I don't think I would read this book because I'm not a horror fan. I am not going to read the whole book because the plot seems really scary and I'm not into that. It seems like it was professionally edited. I do like all the detail and the prologue. Something that could be improved would be more information. I did not see a review, and it has affected my decision.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 3:16 am by jungkookblog.

chocomeiske

I love the creepy feels this cover gives off so this is totally my cup of tea. The sample is great. It really draws the reader in and arouses the curiosity. I loved the very first sentence "This was his night."
I will definitely be reading the rest of this book. I didn't encounter any editing issues within the first 10 pages.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 5:34 am by chocomeiske.

truebookaddict

I don't typically pick up Kindle thrillers unless they're free, and I don't read many thrillers unless they're written by more well-known authors I enjoy so I probably would not have chosen to sample/read this book outside of this program.

I'm not going to buy and read the whole book because, as I found the prologue very exciting, I was a bit confused by Chapter One. I kept thinking it would reveal who crashed in the van in relation to Stephani. Even though it is explained in the blurb, I kept wondering why we didn't find out anything about it in the first chapter.

The book seems to be professionally edited. I noticed no typos or grammatical errors.

I liked the exciting aspect of the prologue, and I think the writing is really good in the prologue and first chapter. The story flows smoothly and there are no grammar problems, which is nice. I could be wrong in what I said above...perhaps being too picky, but I just wish I could have learned about who the man and boy were in the first chapter.

This book was officially reviewed on OBC.

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 5:48 am by truebookaddict.

klbradley

I've always been a fan of thrillers, and the cover alone is something that stands out to me on this book. I loved how the first ten pages jumped right in to a scene of someone lurking. I can't wait to hear the rest!

First Ten review added on December 28, 2016, at 7:19 am by klbradley.

Total ~ 42%

This book earned a score of 42%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 42% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Sleep then my Princess in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Sleep then my Princess in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

CrescentMoon

3-Star Shelf

Matpadil

Want To Read Shelf

jodylreel

Want To Read Shelf

zero_macabre

Want To Read Shelf

TheBookTramp_

Want To Read Shelf

Strangerthanfiction

Want To Read Shelf