Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 4.0 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on July 26, 2016, at 8:05 pm by klbradley.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

ISBN: 9781419995378

Behind The Door

by A.Gavazzoni

The First Ten

Because Behind The Door was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

bookowlie

The cover is very stylish and eye-catching. I found the Amazon blurb a little too wordy. Although it gave me a good idea of the plot, it made me think that the book would be long-winded as well as contain numerous sexually graphic scenes. The beginning pages appears to be edited well and there is a nice flow to the writing. However, the topic of sadomasochism comes up early on and I am not interested in a book that features this subject matter.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 10:28 am by bookowlie.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I don't know if I would have read it. I like romance books but this did not seem like a typical one. Having read the sample, I found it interesting. I liked how the author built the relationships between the characters. However, I thought that there were many descriptions. the book seems to be professionally edited. It has a favorable Onlinebookclub review. I liked the author's writing style and hence, I think I will read this book further.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 11:24 am by AA1495.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled the book on my own as erotic novels aren't my cup of tea. The cover is nice and the blurb informative, but the official review was the one that had me hooked. The premise sounds good, but the sampled failed to grab me. I didn't connect to the writing and found the beginning, describing the meeting of Carl and Simone, a tad slow. I won't read the book as it does not interest me enough to do that.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 11:25 am by gali.

Shelle

The cover of this book looked so good, I simply had to read a sample. The writing is good and I think I would like the main character. It also appears that a lot of research went into this book. However, the subject matter does not resonate with me and I found the death very distasteful, so I'll be passing on this one. The book did appear to be professionally edited and error-free.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 11:51 am by Shelle.

James Craft

This book got a great review from OBC which makes it seem much better overall, but I don't think it is something I would normally enjoy. The opening hook of the book is very compelling and makes me want to read further, but I don't think I will take the plunge just now because I have so much reading to catch up on. The cover is compelling, as well as the blurb, and all in all it seems like a very well rounded package, it just isn't for me.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 12:53 pm by James Craft.

Vermont Reviews

Today's book of the day Behind the Door by A. Gavazzoni shows the readers the main characters of Dr. Simone Bennet and Carl the lawyer who has the commitment of defending his friend Mark who has been accused of the murder of Lara. Carl wants the help of Simone because of her expertise in the study of paraphilias. I found the preview very well done. At this time my reading list is overflowing with books and I will not be downloading this book. A. Gavazzoni writes a great story with characters who have the depth to keep the readers attention.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 1:49 pm by Vermont Reviews.

Sarah_Khan

At first glance, I really like the cover of this book and the title is intriguing. I thought the blurb did a good job of making me want to start reading.
I enjoyed reading the first ten pages. I was pleasantly surprised at how well-written it is. It also seems professionally edited. I could definitely see how fans of this genre would enjoy this book. But it just is not for me.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 2:57 pm by Sarah_Khan.

CrescentMoon

Based on the blurb, I don't think I would pick this up because I don't typically read erotica or romance. After reading the first ten pages, I do think this book is actually interesting. It is definitely unconventional and a very unique read. I give kudos to the author for the creativity and originality. However, I am still not really enticed by the genre. So I will not continue reading this.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 3:02 pm by CrescentMoon.

jamesabr

I am not usually fond of erotic novels. The sexual scenes don't interest me enough to pick one up. Sampling this book made me realize that not all erotic novels are boring. If I were not a part of this program, I would have sampled it due to the positive review that it received on the OnlineBookClub forums. My favorite part was the description of Simone's traits in the beginning. I felt as if that was concise enough exposition to know her character before REALLY knowing her character through her actions. I enjoyed the sample so much that I will purchase and read in the future. There were no typos or grammar errors.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 6:58 pm by jamesabr.

Cjgarland89

I love the cover of this book. And the title makes it sound intriguing. I read the OBC review and it didn't make me want to read the book much, I'm not into the erotic type books, even if it's a thriller. After sampling the book my suspicions are confirmed that I am not interested in reading. Simone is intriguing but it's not too exciting from the start. I didn't notice any errors and it seems professionally edited.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 8:39 pm by Cjgarland89.

mratdegraff91

The cover of this book is intriguing. My guess was not about a case involving death from "sex games" though. The OnlineBookClub review helped sway me on whether I would really enjoy finishing this book or not. The sample was magnificent, but I was unsure about it. Carl and Simone seem like they will be interesting characters as the story plays out according to what was written in the review. The book does seem professionally edited in what I sampled, and I will be downloading this book to finish later on.

First Ten review added on February 9, 2017, at 8:45 pm by mratdegraff91.

CataclysmicKnight

This is a book I ever would've tried if it wasn't a book of the day. While the book seems to be taking an interesting slant, with the male lawyer trying to point out the absurdity of calling something "normal"/"abnormal", and the writing is perfectly fine, I don't see finishing this book due to the theme alone.

First Ten review added on February 10, 2017, at 1:21 am by CataclysmicKnight.

L_Therese

I didn't initially know what to expect from this book. The cover didn't give me a whole lot of clues. Once I read the description and the OBC review, I was more prepared, and although I wouldn't characterize my reaction as enthusiastic, I was curious. Once I started reading,I was less favorably impressed. The dialogue sounded very unnatural to me, and it tainted the believability of the novel. I'll pass.

First Ten review added on February 10, 2017, at 2:16 am by L_Therese.

chocomeiske

Great cover and the description is intriguing. I like to read pyschological thrillers every now and again and this one sounds delicious. After reading the sample,I am intrigued enough to want to read the rest of the book at some point. The book is also aesthetically pleasing with cute chapter headers and appears to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on February 10, 2017, at 6:43 am by chocomeiske.

Momlovesbooks

The title and cover were intriguing. The OBC reviewer gave this book an excellent review. However, there were some erotic scenes that the reviewer thought might not be everyone's "cup of tea". I read the first few pages and found it not my style. It began with some foul language and a hint at what would be a type of erotic novel I don't particularly enjoy. I won't be reading this book.

First Ten review added on February 10, 2017, at 2:58 pm by Momlovesbooks.

hsimone

Based on the cover, title, and blurb, I would not have sampled this read. Though I do like a good suspenseful read and the ratings are fairly positive, I am not a big fan of erotic stories. Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I think the premise of how the author started the story is interesting and unique - in a sexual disorder workshop. However, there is already too much sex talk for me. Therefore, I will not be purchasing the book today.

First Ten review added on February 10, 2017, at 6:18 pm by hsimone.

Lest92

The first ten pages of Behind the Door definitely hooked me because of the juxtaposing of psychiatry, law and eroticism. The cover art is exquisite even as a thumbnail and I think the title font is beautiful. I don’t normally read erotica, so the Amazon blurb and the OnlineBookClub review convinced me to give it a try. The ten pages I read were well edited. Although I’m curious about how Simone and Carl will eventually uncover the truth about Lara’s death, I won’t buy the book. I’m not fond of the genre, but anyone who enjoys erotica and an intelligent main character should definitely invest in Behind the Door. What I liked most about the sample of the book was the cinematic quality of the writing – this is a laudable talent. Other aspects I liked were the quick pacing and the author’s ear for dialogue.

First Ten review added on February 10, 2017, at 8:18 pm by Lest92.

Gravy

I would not have looked at this because of its genre. The cover fits well and is attractive. The writing was interesting, though Simone, as a character, was off-putting to me. She's just not a character I'd like reading about. I didn't notice any errors. The terminologies/technicalities (at least those in what I read) were placed well in the story and were clear, which is a feat.
Due to personal preference I don't plan to continue.

First Ten review added on February 10, 2017, at 10:02 pm by Gravy.

MarisaRose

At first, I didn't think "Behind the Door" was my type of book. After reading all the rave reviews I knew I had to give this book a shot. The beginning hooked me right away. I like Simone's character and I was immediately interested in her psychology work. I thought the writing was well done and there did not appear to be any editorial errors in the sample. I couldn't stop reading and actually read much more than the first ten pages as required for this program. I can't wait to read the rest!

First Ten review added on February 10, 2017, at 10:50 pm by MarisaRose.

Kdonegan91

Firstly, the cover and title are perfect for this genre and eye-catching. At first glance, I was interested in this book. After reading the first chapter, my interest has been elevated. It is well-written and professionally edited. What happens with Simone and Carl? Is Carl's client going to be proven innocent? I must know! I will be purchasing this book.

First Ten review added on February 11, 2017, at 12:24 am by Kdonegan91.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would have read the book. The cover is amazing, and I love psychological thrillers. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. The writing was great and engaging, and I thought that the way the story was introduced and told from the view of a psychiatrist really allowed me to view the story from a different perspective. It was professionally edited and I did not read an official review.

First Ten review added on February 11, 2017, at 4:04 am by psychopathycathy.

jungkookblog

I don't think I will be reading this book because I am not interested in erotic books. I will not be reading this book because of the plot. I like how the author made the environment like it was normal for erotic things to happen. It seems like it was professionally edited. I did not see any review, and I don't think it would affect my decision.

First Ten review added on February 11, 2017, at 5:01 am by jungkookblog.

anneloretrujillo

I would have sampled this book based on the title, genre and OBC review. I like the genre, and it seemed to be an interesting book. After reading the first ten pages, I will not be buying this book. I wasn't really a big fan of the writing style, especially the structures of the sentences. It didn't seem to flow for me, and It didn't really pull me in while I was reading. It did seem to be professionally edited, it just wasn't for me.

First Ten review added on February 11, 2017, at 7:25 am by anneloretrujillo.

Total ~ 26%

This book earned a score of 26%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 26% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Behind The Door in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Behind The Door in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

1_2_5_am

Want To Read Shelf

klbradley

4-Star Shelf

Megwe85

Want To Read Shelf

ssocci

Want To Read Shelf

ChelseaD

Want To Read Shelf

Gina1209

Want To Read Shelf