Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 4.0 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on July 26, 2016, at 3:26 pm by Eatsleaves.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

ISBN: 9780996247412

Hello, My Love

by Evy Journey

The First Ten

Because Hello, My Love was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

AA1495

Hello, My Love has an interesting title and synopsis. It received a 4/4 OBC rating and hence I may have read it. Having read the sample, my opinion remains. I liked Elise's character and the plot seems interesting. However, I would have liked to know Greg's character better. The book seems to be professionally edited. I found the plot interesting and hence I will read the book further.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 11:10 am by AA1495.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

Sarah_Khan

At first glance this novel comes off as a cheesy romance with its title and cover art. The blurb says the main character is a modern-day Elizabeth Bennett, but frankly I do not see much of a relation between the two.
After reading a few pages, I can see that this book is professionally edited and well-written but nothing in the plot makes me think this book is any different from other books of this genre therefore I do not intend to read the rest of this novel.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 12:16 pm by Sarah_Khan.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

chocomeiske

If not for the first ten program, this is not a book that would appeal to me since I'm not much of a romance fan.
Having read the first ten pages, I think it's a cute contemporary romance and the author's writing style lends itself to an immersive read. I liked the chemistry between Elise and Greg and was already rooting for them.
I didn't come across any editing or formatting issues within the first ten pages and the flow of the story itself would suggest that this book has been professionally edited.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 1:57 pm by chocomeiske.

Vermont Reviews

Today's book of the day Hello, My Love by Evy Journey was a very good read. The preview shows the opening views of the two main characters. Elsie Halverson and Greg Thorpe. He was a business man who was one of the top 25 most eligible batchelors. Elsie was studying law. He had first seen her on TV and wondered who she was. Because of his business he consulted with her father. He also attended meals with them. Even though he was about to get married he had an interest in Elsie that he could not shake. This book appears to be a great love novel. As I read the reviews most either really liked it or did not. The split about 50-50. At this time I have too many books in my reading schedule. I will not be downloading this book. I would have purchased this book based on the preview. I would also have purchased it based on the reviews. I always decide for myself whether or not to buy a book. Not necessarily based on what someone else thinks. I think the author did a great job of character building and has shown her readers a story that can be enjoyed. Thanks so very much for making this one available as book of the day.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 2:27 pm by Vermont Reviews.

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled the book as I don't read that many romance books. I love the cover and find the blurb is intriguing. The blurb and the official review piqued my interest when I read that the book was inspired by Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, one of my favorite books. After reading the sample I decided not to read the book. I didn't like the fact that Greg and Elise had short of a relationship while he was still engaged for one. Also, the plot failed to hold my interest. I am sure it is a good book for fans of the genre, alas it isn't for me.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 2:32 pm by gali.

Rachel1019

I don't read romantic novels. I would not normally have picked out this book to read since the cover and title of the book scream romance. Reading the review of the book, I also wasn't terribly impressed. It wasn't the fact that it was poorly written or anything like that, but simply that I don't normally read books such as this. I was completely wrong. I started reading the free sample, and I got hooked. It is still a romantic novel, but it is not the cookie-cutter style of romance, but rather more complicated than that. This is what appealed to me. I am so glad that I read the sample, because I immediately bought the book and I will continue reading it at some point in the near future.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 2:37 pm by Rachel1019.

bookowlie

The cover artwork is appealing and the blurb appears to be professionally edited. However, it has a choppy feel with very short paragraphs that don't flow well. I was a little disappointed to read that the story is inspired by 19th romances and Nicholas Sparks-style books...not my cup of tea. The sample pages didn't grab me with an overly descriptive style such as minute details of the character's clothing. It also didn't help that the font was extremely small. The book might appeal to readers who enjoy this genre, but I am going to take a pass on this one.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 6:04 pm by bookowlie.

CrescentMoon

I like the cover of the book. It is eye-catching and appropriate since the main character is a young blonde woman. After reading the blurb, I really don't think this book is for me. I sometimes do like reading romance but this book seems to have cheating and other elements that I really don't enjoy like an older man being with a much younger woman. I would not pick this book up because it is not my cup of tea. After reading the first ten pages, I am actually intrigued by the story and the writing. I definitely think the author does a good job getting the reader's attention. The book first explores the relationship between the two characters and then switches viewpoints which I do enjoy. However, I just don't think I am going to enjoy the rest of the book so I will not read the rest.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 6:43 pm by CrescentMoon.

jungkookblog

I don't think I would've read this book based on the cover, title, reviews, etc. because I am not a romance fan. I am not going to buy the whole book because I am not into romance that much. The first ten pages did not change my mind. I loved how there are so much details, and how they give us many details of what they do. It's pleasing to the readers. Something that could be improved would be having a more stable plot I guess you could say. It seems like it was professionally edited. I did not see a review, and that has probably affected my decision.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 7:43 pm by jungkookblog.

Kdonegan91

The book has the cover and title of an ordinary romance novel, therefore, it did not catch my attention. After reading the first ten pages, I feel like the book has the same vibe and style of writing most romance novels do. Even though I have only read a small portion, I don't believe there is anything special about this book that would make me want to buy it over any other romance novel.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 9:04 pm by Kdonegan91.

Gravy

Plain romance just isn't to my taste, but this actually held my interest. There were a few errors, missing words and such, but it wasn't a lot.
I don't like the cover, but it's popular to the genre. I liked the dynamic between the two main characters, however, I believe it could've been done better. It was a little awkward and unbelievable in places.
I won't be finishing this, but would recommend it to those who enjoy the genre.

First Ten review added on November 27, 2016, at 10:59 pm by Gravy.

L_Therese

I wasn't too excited for this book when I first saw it, but the review really raised my expectations. I wanted wit, strong characters, and an intricate plot. All that might be coming, but I didn't find everything I wanted in the first ten pages. I was a little disappointed because I had set my hopes so high. Instead, what I found was pretty average. I won't be continuing this book. I needed the wow to put it on the list.

First Ten review added on November 28, 2016, at 9:25 am by L_Therese.

anneloretrujillo

I wasn't sure about this book based on the OBC review. The genre is one that I usually read, but it made me a little uncomfortable that the main male character is engaged. After reading the first ten pages, I will not be buying this book. The fact that Greg is engaged still made me uncomfortable. I have a hard time reading about relationships between two characters when one of them shouldn't really be in the relationship. The writing style was enjoyable, I just don't think I can finish reading this book. It also seemed to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on November 28, 2016, at 10:10 am by anneloretrujillo.

hsimone

The cover is beautiful, the title is interesting, the blurb somewhat piques my interest, and the reviews (including the OBC review) are very positive. However, the genre (Romance) could go either way for me. I could love the book or feel the complete opposite. Most likely I would not have sampled this book on my own.

Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. So far, I like both main characters, Elise and Greg. They seem like mature adults, which is always a positive in any read for me. Unfortunately, I do not feel compelled to continue reading this book. I'm not sure if it's the general aspect of romance (which again could go either way for me) or I feel the inevitability of Greg and Elise end up together is a bit too predictable for me. Either way, I will not be buying the book and finish reading it.

First Ten review added on November 28, 2016, at 11:57 am by hsimone.

klbradley

The first thing that caught my attention about this book is that there is a mention of similarity to Jane Austen, who I absolutely adore. Although that sounds so promising to me already, I'm really not a fan of romance novels, so I'll have to pass on this one.

First Ten review added on November 28, 2016, at 1:25 pm by klbradley.

Momlovesbooks

I read the OBC review and was impressed with the depiction of the characters and plot. I read a few pages and found it to be entertaining. I would probably put this book on my "to-read" list, but I already have so much to read. I don't think I'll read this one anytime soon.

First Ten review added on November 28, 2016, at 6:24 pm by Momlovesbooks.

MarisaRose

I have to start off by saying romance novels are rarely my cup of tea. Prior to reading the first ten pages of "Hello, My Love" I would not hve chosen to read this book for that reason. I found the beginning of the book did hole my interest but I also thought the book really felt like a typical romance with the playboy, rich bachelor. I thought the dialogue between Elise and Greg was a little dull and lacked excitement. For those reasons, I chose not to buy or finish reading this book. The book does appear to be professionally edited with no errors in the portion I read. I did see the Official OnlineBookClub review and though it made positive points about the novel I still do not think it's one I would enjoy.

First Ten review added on November 28, 2016, at 10:09 pm by MarisaRose.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would not have read the book. The cover is a little awkward for me, and a lot of reviews said that the book was only okay or that it was hard to follow. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. I found that while I started off interested, I became a little bored, and the dialogue seemed to have weak substance. It was professionally edited, however. I did not read an official review.

First Ten review added on November 29, 2016, at 12:05 am by psychopathycathy.

CataclysmicKnight

I'm rarely a fan of romance, but the concept of a Jane Austen inspired romance would've had me intrigued regardless of whether this was a book to try or not. I was worried for the first few pages, it didn't seem like much of anything was happening... But then when the witty banter began I saw the Austen inspiration come through. By the end of the ten pages there was even a bit of a hook - the wedding and how it seemed it would draw everyone's attention. I'm sure I'll finish this one sometime!

First Ten review added on November 29, 2016, at 12:10 am by CataclysmicKnight.

Rachaelamb1

I do not normally read modern-day romances, but the OBC official review made me interested in this one when it compared it to Jane Austen's writings. However, after reading the first ten pages, I was not interested in reading any further. The main reason for this is because the dialogue sounds silly to me. I don't quite get the main characters and I don't like the idea of a man flirting with someone else when he's engaged. The cover looks good and the book appears to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on November 29, 2016, at 2:52 am by Rachaelamb1.

Cjgarland89

This isn't a typical book I would read, I am not big into romance or love stories. The review however got me interested, due to this book being a more modern version of a love story that likely happens all the time. I am not a fan of Jane Austen, so based on the OBC review I didn't think I would enjoy this book. After sampling the book I have kept the same opinion. I couldn't get into the story, and I just don't like Greg as a character. I didn't see any errors and the book is well written.

First Ten review added on November 29, 2016, at 6:29 am by Cjgarland89.

truebookaddict

I normally would not have chosen to read/sample this, had it not been part of this program, because of the romance genre. I normally steer clear of romance. However, when I read that the story was inspired by Pride and Prejudice and North and South, I was intrigued to check it out.

The book was free so I did download it. Not sure if I will read the whole book eventually. The first ten plus pages did not give me much insight into where the plot was going. I probably will keep reading it to see where the story goes. Whether I finish it or not will depend on the story.

I think the book could use some editing. I spotted some problems with grammar usage, such as at location 102, starting a sentence with and. "And she didn't actually dislike it." Also, at location 72, this separate sentence, "There, Elise got to know him better" could have been easily incorporated into the preceding sentence with a better resulting flow, i.e. "...Greg had been to many dinners at her parent's home, where Elise got to know him better."

As I said, the first ten plus pages did not give me much insight into where the plot was going so I'm not sure what I liked the most. I will say that I was intrigued by the inner workings of Elise and Greg's relationship and I'm interested in finding out what exactly is going on. However, I feel like Elise's character is a bit stiff. Not sure if that is just how her character is, or if it's because of the writing.

This book was officially reviewed on OBC.

First Ten review added on November 29, 2016, at 8:46 am by truebookaddict.

Total ~ 18%

This book earned a score of 18%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 18% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Hello, My Love in their shelves?

16 members have Hello, My Love in their shelves.

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

huskylover5

Want To Read Shelf

e-tasana-williams

4-Star Shelf

tarafarah7

Want To Read Shelf

lydialeigh71

Want To Read Shelf

AA1495

Want To Read Shelf

Elena_D

4-Star Shelf