Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.2 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on July 24, 2016, at 4:27 pm by kimmyschemy06.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

ISBN: 9781532774287

Dawn's Eerie Light

by Roy Ziegler

The First Ten

Because Dawn's Eerie Light was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled the book without the program as it isn't my preferable genre. The cover is lovely and the blurb short and to the point. The official review shed further light on the plot. The sampled started well, describing Riley's plight, his two best friends in a relationship, but I wasn't drawn into the tale. I got the book since it was free, but I won't read the balance of the book as it isn't really my cup of tea.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 10:24 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Sarah_Khan

At first glance, I really liked the cover and the title. The blurb was very short and did not give much away. After reading the first ten pages, I can say that this book is well-written and well-edited but I feel like the author should have mentioned the fact that this book is about same-sex relationships in the blurb.
This is just not my type of book therefore I do not intend to read the rest.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 11:54 am by Sarah_Khan.

Vermont Reviews

Today's choice for book of the day. Dawn's Eerie Light by Roy Ziegler is one that demands that the reader finish the book. After reading the preview I did want to see how it finished. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 12:41 pm by Vermont Reviews.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

Rachel1019

From the picture and title of this novel, I assumed that the book would be some sort of mystery or something along those lines. The review on OBC goes into much explanation about the homosexual love triangle that seems to be the focus of the book. Then it states that the book is a suspense/thriller. The summary of the novel on Amazon says that it is a fast-paced book. From reading the first bit of the book, I didn’t get that the book was fast-paced or was a suspense/thriller at all. This seems to be simply a straightforward romance novel with complications. I do not read romance and so will not be reading any further.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 2:29 pm by Rachel1019.

chocomeiske

What a beautiful cover. It caught my attention right away and the description sure sounds interesting.
Having read the sample, I can tell this will be an emotional read about love and all the ups and downs that come with it. It would especially appeal to those who love diversity in the form of same sex relationships.
I found it to be very well-written and didn't encounter any noticeable editing issues. The OBC reviewer gives a very positive review which I trust. However. I'm not one for romance books especially at this time of year so I won't be reading the rest of this book at this time.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 4:35 pm by chocomeiske.

CrescentMoon

I like the title, I do think it is interesting. After reading the blurb, I definitely an intrigued by the storyline. It sounds like a dark and dangerous novel when talking about unrequited love and the depths people will go for love which turns into obsession. I would pick this up out of curiosity. After reading the first ten pages, I do like the writing style. I also am pretty hooked into the story already so I think I will continue reading the rest.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 7:34 pm by CrescentMoon.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I wouldn't have read it. From the synopsis, it seemed like an intense but complicated plot. Having read the sample, my opinion remains. I liked how the characters' feelings were described. However, I thought some descriptions, such as that of the academy, interrupted my flow of reading. Further, I thought many characters were introduced in the first ten pages. The book seems to be professionally edited. It has a favorable Onlinebookclub review. I found the plot complicated and hence, while I'm sure others would love the book, it isn't for me.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 7:49 pm by AA1495.

bookowlie

The summary blurb appears to be professionally edited. However, it is a bit short and doesn't give too much info about the plot other than the settings and themes. The cover artwork and title font are eye-catching and have a nice, old-fashioned feel. The sample pages are well written, but there is too much given away in the first page or two. It would have been nicer to have the character's love for another man unfold in a more subtle way. Although the Official Review is very positive, the beginning pages and summary made me think the story would not be my cup of tea.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 8:09 pm by bookowlie.

Kdonegan91

The cover and title are interesting and spark my curiosity. The sample flowed nicely and I did not notice any spelling or grammatical errors. However, after reading the OBC review, I have decided not to buy the book. The dialogue interruptions between the characters and the homosexual relationships are deal breakers for me.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 9:47 pm by Kdonegan91.

klbradley

The review for this book was written fantastically well, giving me a good insight on what to expect. I am already interested in this one because it is said to be a thriller with a romantic theme, which is already interesting. That cover is also so beautiful and engaging, I am looking forward to jumping in to this one. I found no errors in the first ten pages that would alter my perception of the book.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 10:01 pm by klbradley.

L_Therese

When I read the description for this book, I didn't really have a clear idea about what was in store. The title and cover made me think it would be something a bit creepy, and the description mentioned obsession. However, it also talked about unrequited love, which makes me think sad and sweet. The reviewer gave me a better picture about what to expect, but I still had no inkling about whether the book would be impressive enough to read in full. After ten pages, I really had very little notion of where the story was going, so I decided not to continue reading it. I'll pass.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 11:14 pm by L_Therese.

Gravy

This seems to have been professionally edited. The story sounds interesting. I would not have looked at this book.
The writing is pleasant and enjoyable, but this just isn't for me. It's not something I'm interested in reading at this time.
I love the cover. It's both fitting, and beautiful.

First Ten review added on December 11, 2016, at 11:50 pm by Gravy.

jungkookblog

I think I would've read this book based on the cover and title because the title sounds very interesting and mysterious to me. I think I will buy this book because the beginning sounds very interesting and the little plot there is good. I think there should be more background information. It seems like it was professionally edited. I did not see a review, but that did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on December 12, 2016, at 12:11 am by jungkookblog.

Momlovesbooks

This book was reviewed by the OBC. The review was complimentary, but did make the disclaimer that this might not be for everyone; that is, if someone doesn't want to read about same sex romances. Personally, that is not the type of book I'm comfortable reading. I read the first few pages of the sample. Although it appeared to be well-written and would appeal to some people, I'm not going to be reading this one.

First Ten review added on December 12, 2016, at 2:41 pm by Momlovesbooks.

hsimone

I love the cover of this book and the title is clever. The blurb and genre (suspense) have both piqued my interest. Though there are not many reviews, the customer and OBC one are both positive. Therefore, I might have sampled this read on my own. Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I liked how the author choose to open the book with an unrequited love relationship; it makes for an interesting story. However, I'm not sure how I feel when Riley walked out on his best friends so early on in the book. I can understand why, but it just seemed rather quick. Overall, I believe I will enjoy this book due to the content, writing flow, and it was a free book. Therefore, I do plan on giving this a full read.

First Ten review added on December 12, 2016, at 5:46 pm by hsimone.

MarisaRose

"Dawn's Eerie Light" is not a book I'd normally sample. Although the cover is very beautiful, I am not a big fan of romance and after reading the blurb about this book, I did not think I would enjoy it. After sampling the first ten pages I can tell the book is well written and appears to be professionally edited. Despite the good writing, the beginning of the book didn't hold my interest. Riley seems to be the stereotypical perfect guy, handsome with a good job. Overall this story just really doesn't appeal to me. I have read the official OBC review and I can see how this book would be a good fit for those who enjoy the genre.

First Ten review added on December 12, 2016, at 9:37 pm by MarisaRose.

anneloretrujillo

I would have sampled this book based on the OBC review, the title and the blurb. It sounded like an interesting love story. However, after reading the first ten pages, I will not be finishing this book. I couldn't get into the style of writing. I'm usually sucked into this type of story right away, but that just didn't happen for me with this one. It did seem to be professionally edited. Unfortunately, it just didn't grab my attention the way I had hoped it would.

First Ten review added on December 13, 2016, at 12:47 am by anneloretrujillo.

CataclysmicKnight

The cover on this one is beautiful, which made me even more interested in checking it out. The theme - unrequited loves - is certainly a good start, and the book starts off very clearly with one in the form of Riley. At first I was quite sure I'd be saying no to finishing it, but once the story goes back to Riley's childhood and schooling it became more interesting. Unfortunately, though, the overarching plot hasn't hooked me yet, so I don't think I'll finish this one.

First Ten review added on December 13, 2016, at 1:42 am by CataclysmicKnight.

Cjgarland89

The cover and the title of the book made it seem worth reading to me right off hand. However once I sampled the book I didn't really feel any connection to riley, and couldn't really get hooked into the story. It's written nicely and there were no errors l, but I don't think I'll be finishing this one. In order for me to finish a thriller I have to be hooked immediately, and that wasn't the case here.

First Ten review added on December 13, 2016, at 6:46 am by Cjgarland89.

truebookaddict

Had it not been part of this program, I probably would have chosen to at least sample this book based on the blurb and the reviews. It sounded like a complex story I would be interested in.

The book was free so I did download it and I do intend to read the whole book eventually. The writing is really good, and I liked how the story got started right away, immediately bringing to light the problem Riley is facing.

The book seems to be professionally edited. I did not notice typos or grammatical errors.

As I said, I appreciated how the story started off right away, confronting Riley's problem head on. The writing is smooth, not stiff at all. Very well written.

This book was officially reviewed on OBC.

First Ten review added on December 13, 2016, at 8:58 am by truebookaddict.

Total ~ 30%

This book earned a score of 30%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 30% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Dawn's Eerie Light in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Dawn's Eerie Light in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

yelhsamarie

Want To Read Shelf

kimmyschemy06

4-Star Shelf

Kayla R Garrett

Want To Read Shelf

Bookworm16

Want To Read Shelf

bruin

Want To Read Shelf

Sps_007

Want To Read Shelf