Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on June 8, 2016, at 12:54 pm by Scott.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

Vatican Protocol

by Brian M Gallagher

The First Ten

Because Vatican Protocol was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

The synopsis sounded very interesting and the reviews supported that. The book started rather well with UFO crashes, Nazis, and murders. While the prologue was interesting, I found the first chapter to be less engaging and slow-paced. There was too much backstory of Sean right at the start and not enough action. It seems like a good book, but it didn't grab me enough to want to finish it.

First Ten review added on July 21, 2016, at 10:58 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

L_Therese

What initially turned me off from this book was the title. Vatican mysteries and cover-ups have been done a million times. I read the first ten pages, and the beginning was fairly well put together. It certainly was not bad, and if I was in love with these sorts of Nazi-Vatican-secret thrillers, I would probably have continued. However, not finding anything particularly gripping or unique, I will put the book down. A book of this type would really have to be something very special to hold my interest.

First Ten review added on July 21, 2016, at 12:15 pm by L_Therese.

hsimone

If I did not sample this read for this program, I probably would not have picked this book up. Even with the positive reviews, the cover, the the title, and the blurb doesn't spark my interest. However, after reading the sample, I might to give this book a try! I love the idea of the Nazis covering up a UFO landing and the mysterious feel I received when I read the first ten pages.

There were a few places where I feel a comma should have been placed. For instance, in the prologue, the following sentence: "For two days Gerhard's anxiety.." a comma between the words 'days' and 'Gerhard's' would be beneficial. It happened a couple of times in the bit that I read.

I really enjoyed how the author builds up some mystery: Who are those children-looking bodies? Are they some fantasy creature or they from a different world? One area that I feel could be improved is the amount of description provided. I felt it took away some of the suspense. I kept waiting for the punch to come. It did come at the end of the prologue, but I felt it took longer than necessary.

First Ten review added on July 21, 2016, at 12:32 pm by hsimone.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

Vermont Reviews

Wow! I must say I truly enjoyed reading the preview of this story. The author Brian M. Gallagher has done a wonderful job of bringing to life the characters. His story rings with the peal of government cover ups. I can see that he has done his research. The ability to bring fiction and make it real, that is a quality that every writer wishes for his story. Well done I say. My favorite character in the preview is Sean O'Shea who wants to write the story to get himself out of a financial bind. For those of us who write, this is our dream. The story appears to have been professionally edited and proofed. I like the cover. Utilizing the UFO area of interest makes for a great story. I would like to read more by this talented author.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on July 21, 2016, at 1:35 pm by Vermont Reviews.

Shelle

I was initially pretty iffy on this book based on the cover and blurb. However, after reading the first 10 pages, I'm pretty hooked. I really liked the author's writing style and the different settings (countries and times). I noticed a few random punctuation uses and wondered if that was an error in the book or a strange formatting glitch with my old device.

First Ten review added on July 21, 2016, at 2:06 pm by Shelle.

CataclysmicKnight

I wasn't too interested from my first impression as I've seen plenty of bad knockoffs of things like Da Vinci Code. When I read the official review, however, I became much more interested, and the bit I read fueled the fire even more. The prologue got really interesting rather fast, and Sean seems like an interesting character for the rest of the book. I'll definitely read the rest of this one.

First Ten review added on July 21, 2016, at 10:06 pm by CataclysmicKnight.

Rachaelamb1

I love the cover of this book. It definitely makes me want to pick it up and read it even though I am not a fan of UFO stories. The book starts out interesting, but I do think it is a little heavy-handed on the setting descriptions, which slows the story down. I liked the sample, but it wasn't quite enough to make me buy the book. The book seems to be edited well.

First Ten review added on July 21, 2016, at 10:50 pm by Rachaelamb1.

Gravy

I like the cover, and the premise sounds very promising, but I probably wouldn't have looked at this book, due mostly to genre.
There was a doubled word, and some of the dialog felt awkward, but otherwise it seemed fine.
I don't think I'll be reading this as it isn't something that interests me at the moment, but I would recommend it to others.

First Ten review added on July 22, 2016, at 4:12 am by Gravy.

Momlovesbooks

The cover of the book looked intriguing and when I read the blurb, I was hooked. A UFO mystery, thriller with historical references - what's not to love? The action starts at the beginning with a historical flashback. The present day intrigue starts immediately after. I think the characters will be unique and varied. The setting will move around to different countries and locations. I can't wait to continue reading this book.

First Ten review added on July 22, 2016, at 2:55 pm by Momlovesbooks.

Total ~ 44%

This book earned a score of 44%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 44% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Vatican Protocol in their shelves?

7 members have Vatican Protocol in their shelves.

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

Heenarathore

Want To Read Shelf

bookowlie

4-Star Shelf

don-deb-puck

Want To Read Shelf

signed

Want To Read Shelf

crazilydramatic

Want To Read Shelf

greekbard_vty

Currently Reading Shelf