Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.1 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on November 19, 2015, at 11:35 am by rachel_jacks.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

ISBN: 2940152455670

Save the Last Bullet for God

by JT Alblood

The First Ten

Because Save the Last Bullet for God was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

jamesabr

The sample of this historical fiction novel was fascinating. I wouldn’t have read it if the OnlineBookClub review of it didn’t kindle an interest in its overall delivery of its message. Usually books that focus on multiple attractions simultaneously, such as aliens/time travel, World War II, and mystics/occultism, are cluttered and uninteresting. This book proved to me that differing aspects like the ones I’ve listed could be grouped together and produce a well-written book. Of course, the style made the content easy to read. Opening the story in medias res was a nice touch, and the systematic method of Wilhelm Reich’s thinking was the best part for me so far. My favorite part were his multiple choice answers to the question concerning an average day at his office. There were no typos or grammatical errors.

First Ten review added on February 5, 2017, at 10:07 am by jamesabr.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

gali

I have already read the book, but I would have sampled the book anyway based on premise alone. The cover isn't very fetching, and the blurb wasn't too inspiring, but the official review had me hooked. The beginning was a bit confusing, but all was made clear later on. All in all, I loved the book and couldn't put it down. The author weaves together an excellent, unique book and I definitely recommend it.

First Ten review added on February 5, 2017, at 10:15 am by gali.

hsimone

The cover is simple and interesting, but the title of this book is very off-putting to me. When reading the blurb, I was also put off; I don't like the idea of 'killing' God. It makes me feel uncomfortable with my belief in Him. If it wasn't for OBC, then I would not have sampled this read. Overall, even with its positive reviews and intriguing genre (time travel/historical fiction), I would not have sampled this read.

Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I really liked how the author tied in WWII in his read. This is a time period in history that I always want to know more about. The pictures included also add to this read. However, as I mentioned before since this book speaks about how God is 'dead', then I don't feel comfortable in giving it a full read.

First Ten review added on February 5, 2017, at 12:06 pm by hsimone.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Sarah_Khan

The title of this book immediately makes me want to know more about the story. I thought the blurb did a good job of making me intrigued.
After reading the first few pages, I can say that this novel is well-written and professionally edited. I liked the fact that there were a few pictures. The Online Book Club review states that this story might be hard to understand, I am not looking to read this type of book right now, therefore I do not intend to buy it today.

First Ten review added on February 5, 2017, at 12:40 pm by Sarah_Khan.

bookowlie

The cover is very eye-catching. The summary blurb gives a good flavor of the plot. However, the inconsistent line spacing and odd warning made the blurb a little hard to follow. It made me feeling that the book would be the same way. Also, the numerous book review excerpts were a little over the top and took away from the focus on the summary. Although the concept of the book seems interesting, I found the sample pages hard to follow; I don't usually care for books that include Nazis. Based on the sample, this book doesn't appear to be my cup of tea.

First Ten review added on February 5, 2017, at 12:44 pm by bookowlie.

CrescentMoon

I think this book sounds really intriguing. I am actually a huge fan of science fiction but this book also does sound really complicated. I think I would have to be in a certain kind of mood to read it. This sounds like a very intellectual book and I would have to be really attentive and wanting to read something complex like this. After reading the first ten pages, I don't think I'm in the right mindset as of yet.

First Ten review added on February 5, 2017, at 1:12 pm by CrescentMoon.

Vermont Reviews

I purchased this book and enjoyed reading it. It was a previous book of the month book. The reviews and the preview were excellent. The author JT Alblood is a master storyteller. Well written and a great plot.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on February 5, 2017, at 1:16 pm by Vermont Reviews.

Cjgarland89

Based on the cover and title of this book I definitely thought it would be a great read for me. I usually don't enjoy this genre but the premise behind it is fascinating to me. After reading the first ten I am hooked and will be purchasing and finishing the book. The author had great creativity creating this story and I look forward to see how it plays out. I didn't see any errors and it seems professionally edited. The OBC review was a no factor in my decision.

First Ten review added on February 5, 2017, at 1:31 pm by Cjgarland89.

mratdegraff91

AT first glance I was confused about the contents of this book based on the cover. I could not tell what was on it. The blurbs and short descriptions immediately had my interest in the storyline. The OnlineBookClub review built even more on my curiosity especially with the 4 of 4 stars rating. Even Amazon has predominantly 5 of 5 star ratings for this novel. I have already begun to fall in love with Maria and Wilhelm's characters just from sampling the first part of the book. If I had not been sold on the book with the summary and review, the sample definitely would have sold me. I have already added this to my to-read list and will come back to it soon.

First Ten review added on February 5, 2017, at 9:27 pm by mratdegraff91.

Kdonegan91

Although the concept of this book is unique and intriguing, the sample lost me and went over my head. I did not have any idea what was happening during the sample because of the constant perspective and time changes without any warning or transition. Also, the style of writing was not compelling. Therefore, I will not be buying this book.

First Ten review added on February 5, 2017, at 10:05 pm by Kdonegan91.

L_Therese

I recognized this book when I saw it from when it was Book of the Month and from when I read and reviewed one of its parts. In thinking about whether I would choose the book now as a recreational read, I think I probably would pass because its description doesn't really compel me to invest the time. That time constraint had to be weighed against the very positive review as well my memories (refreshed by the sample) of "The Alpha Tauri Strain". In the end, I just can't add this book to my list today. That list is already much, much too long.

First Ten review added on February 6, 2017, at 1:18 am by L_Therese.

CataclysmicKnight

A book about killing God really isn't something that would normally draw my attention, but I remembered seeing this one as a book of the month in the past so I was intrigued nonetheless. The plot seems to have a LOT of stuff mixed together in an interesting way, and it was evident even before chapter one that there would be no dilly-dallying. The writing is excellent - it's brisk, sneaks humor in skillfully and mixes all sorts of methods in to tell the story. However, the plot's concept is just a little bit too wild for me so I don't see myself finishing it.

First Ten review added on February 6, 2017, at 2:17 am by CataclysmicKnight.

James Craft

The title of this book is incredibly catchy and unique and really makes me curious about what the book is about. The warning in the blurb is also provocative, but actually makes me sort of take a step back and re-evaluate. I feel that if someone has to give a legitimate warning that their book is 'different' then most likely they were ineffective at making this point inside the book itself. That being said, it could simply be an attention grabbing technique so I won't make my judgment purely based on that. When reading the opening pages, I do have to say they are unique and different, and a little bit off-putting for what I would have expected the story to be. I can understand the disclaimer (since in the first pages there is a series of lists) but I think it is exaggerated. That being said, this story does seem interesting, just not my type of story I usually enjoy. It did get a good review, though, from OBC so that does raise it in consideration.

First Ten review added on February 6, 2017, at 7:57 am by James Craft.

anneloretrujillo

I would have sampled this book without this program. I like the title and cover. The OBC review also made it sound interesting. After reading the first ten pages, I will be buying and finishing the book. I really like the pictures that were in the book. I also liked that it named the character and setting for each section. The book did seem to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on February 6, 2017, at 11:08 am by anneloretrujillo.

Rachaelamb1

While the cover has a professional look to it, the title turns me off. Based on that alone, I would not choose to read this book normally. However, I do love books that are based on WWII. From the description and OBC review, I did not think this book would be a good fit for me. The first ten pages confirmed that. It seems well edited, it just doesn't suit my tastes.

First Ten review added on February 6, 2017, at 12:04 pm by Rachaelamb1.

Momlovesbooks

This was a book of the month previously. It was given a positive review, but didn't sound like something I would enjoy. Some of the religious aspects aren't in alignment with my beliefs. I read the first few pages, but won't continue to read further.

First Ten review added on February 6, 2017, at 4:50 pm by Momlovesbooks.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I would not have read it. I usually read romance and Sci-Fi books. Having read the sample, my opinion remains. I liked the layout and the pictures used. The book seems to be professionally edited. It has a favorable Onlinebookclub review. While I'm sure those who find the themes interesting will enjoy reading the book, I will not purchase the book today.

First Ten review added on February 6, 2017, at 5:27 pm by AA1495.

MarisaRose

"Save the Last Bullet for God" is not a book I would have chosen to read prior to sampling it as part of this program. I think the blurb had me a little confused as to what the book would be about; further, I was a little put off by the giant warning in the amazon blurb about the writing style. After sampling the first ten pages, there were aspects of the book I liked but for the most part, I found the writing to be very simplistic and the ideas of the novel to be too all over the place. After reading only a few pages I already felt this story had too many elements and not enough focus. I did like that the author included some pictures. I will not be finishing this book. I did read the official OBC review and though the reviewer had mostly positive things to say, I was not swayed by the review after sampling the beginning. I did not note any editorial issues in the sample.

First Ten review added on February 6, 2017, at 6:42 pm by MarisaRose.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would not have read the book. Although the premise of the book seems interesting, several reviews that I read commented on the odd style. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. I loved the artwork/photos, however, and they really brought the story to life, but I was very confused by how much it jumped around. There was also a punctuation error in the section about the 1935 Orient Express: "Where", I asked. The comma should be inside the quotations. I did not read an official review.

First Ten review added on February 6, 2017, at 7:54 pm by psychopathycathy.

Gravy

I Probably wouldn't have looked at this. This kind of sci-fi really isn't my thing.
There were errors but nothing major. I like the idea. The twisted paradoxical plot, however I usually prefer this in other forms. If I'm ever feeling ambitious, I may give this a go. For now though, I have to say no, that I don't plan to continue with this.

First Ten review added on February 6, 2017, at 11:22 pm by Gravy.

jungkookblog

I think I would be reading this book because aliens seem very interesting and I would like to learn about them. Plus, a story about them makes it 10x better. I am going to be reading this book because it seems like there would be action in the book, and I like how the book has interactive stuff for the reader. It also includes images and a timeline. It seems very organized, therefore professionally edited. I did not see any review, and I don't think it would affect my decision.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 12:53 am by jungkookblog.

truebookaddict

Had I not sampled this book as part of this program, I would have chosen to read/sample it because of the blurb being so intriguing. Also, the reviews made it sound like my kind of book. I like books that stretch convention.

I bought the book on Smashwords. After reading the sample, and based on my thoughts above, I decided I was interested enough to buy it and read the whole book eventually.

The books is well-edited. I did not notice typos or grammatical errors.

I found the first ten pages intriguing. Talk of Sanskrit and Mesopotamia (I've always been interested in Mesopotamian culture) drew my interest early on. I love the images that are included. The book is already shaping up to be the unconventional read that was promised.

This book was officially reviewed on OBC.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 8:44 am by truebookaddict.

chocomeiske

Interesting title and the first line in the description is intriguing to say the lease :
"What if God was killed amidst the chaos of World War II?"
The sample was weirdly interesting and this is definitely something I would love to read. I'm seriously considering buying a physical copy just to see where the story goes.It is also aesthetically pleasing the way it is laid and appears to be well-edited.

First Ten review added on February 7, 2017, at 9:45 am by chocomeiske.

Total ~ 35%

This book earned a score of 35%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 35% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Save the Last Bullet for God in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Save the Last Bullet for God in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

Kia

2-Star Shelf

Levi

Want To Read Shelf

anonanemone

Want To Read Shelf

gali

3-Star Shelf

Hilaria12

Want To Read Shelf

rachel_jacks

4-Star Shelf