Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on November 11, 2015, at 12:33 am by Review Requests.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

Superhighway

by Alex Fayman

The First Ten

Because Superhighway was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

I may have sampled the book on my own as I love the genre. The cover is nice and the blurb intriguing. The start was a bit confusing, describing the aftermath of Alex's actions, but it didn't take me long to grasp what's going on. I found the sample well written and liked the way the author thrusts us into the action. The premise of a digital Robin Hood sure sounds original. I would love to read the book based on the sample. However, as my reading list is far too full to justify another purchase, I won't buy the book right now.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 11:05 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Sarah_Khan

The title of this book is interesting and the premise sounds very unique. After reading the first ten pages, I can say that this book is professionally edited and well-written. The plot caught my interest in just the first page and I can definitely tell that others will enjoy it. The only reason I will not purchase this novel today is because I just do not have the time to read it right now.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 11:18 am by Sarah_Khan.

Christina O Phillips

The first chapter was written in such a way that I did not completely understand what was happening so that I had to keep reading. This did not feel like a cheap trick; it was well-written and intrigued me. I appreciated that the next two chapters backed up to explain the setting and the character's background enough to better understand. I downloaded the book and hope to read it eventually. If I had not read these ten pages, I would have downloaded it based on the description alone: Alex being able to travel through the internet and becoming a digital Robin Hood were enough to pull me in.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 12:03 pm by Christina O Phillips.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

chocomeiske

I'm not such a huge Sci-Fi fan but the premise of this book is intriguing;a gifted eighteen-year-old with an extraordinary ability to transport himself through the optical passageways of the Internet, how cool does that sound? The sample was intriguing enough to arouse my curiosity. This book appears to be well-edited.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 2:00 pm by chocomeiske.

ananya92

This is the first book in the Superhighway trilogy. There is plenty to impress in this book: the refreshing storyline, the fast-paced narrative, the author's vivid writing style, the smooth flow of the story, etc. The books seems to be edited professionally. The idea of being teleported through the internet is one thing, but being able to have parallel lives or assuming fictitious identities, is certainly a novel idea. From the interesting description, it is evident that this story also has ethical dilemmas and philosophical underpinnings. An official review would have been helpful to decide whether I should read this book or not, but even in the absence of one, I'm fairly intrigued to peruse this one. Therefore, I'll be finishing this one.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 2:12 pm by ananya92.

Vermont Reviews

When I saw that this was to be book of the month I previously downloaded this book. After reading the preview I decided to want to move this up to the top of my 2017 reading list. I want to see whère Alex and Eva's relationship is headed.
Vermont Reviews
Based on the preview of today's book of the day. I would have bought the book.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 2:55 pm by Vermont Reviews.

CrescentMoon

This book sounds so interesting. I love the eye-catching cover. This is definitely a very interesting take on the supernatural and science fiction genre. After reading the first ten pages, I was pretty hooked into the storyline and I would love to read more. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now but I would definitely recommend this to people who are into science fiction.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 3:52 pm by CrescentMoon.

James Craft

The cover of this book is really neat and caught my attention right away. I have to say I am definitely intrigued and want to learn more about this book. The opening pages didn't have many mistakes or problems with it and seemed well put together, and the reviews on it made me think this one is definitely a must read. That being said, I am simply too busy right now to add this one to my book pile so I won't be getting a copy, but this is one a lot of people will enjoy.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 3:59 pm by James Craft.

CataclysmicKnight

I love superhero stories, so I'm sure I'd have at least looked into this one whether it was book of the day or not. The ability to travel through the internet and access/download information is very cool. The first chapter spoke of a man who was defeated, which was interesting but a bit slow. The second chapter was much more interesting though, talking about the main character's childhood. I somehow already owned this book, so I'm sure I'll finish it at some point!

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 5:14 pm by CataclysmicKnight.

jamesabr

This book appears to be well written. If I were not a part of the First Ten program, I likely would have sampled it due to the blurb it received on Favebook. The absence of an Online Book Club rating did not deter me from reading it. My favorite part of this book so far was the scene of the main character eating. The diction was appropriate for it. I will purchase and read this book. There were no typos or grammatical errors.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 7:50 pm by jamesabr.

dhomespot

This seems like a fast paced read. I am not sure that I would have wanted to read it if I had not read the sample and the review. It looks to be professionally edited and I did not catch any errors in the pages that I read. The cover does a great job of catching a buyers eyes.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 7:58 pm by dhomespot.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would not have read the book. Although the premise sounds interesting, the blurb fell flat for me and didn't quite peak my curiosity. After reading the sample, I have changed my mind. The writing was interesting, especially as we learned about the character's background. I was a little confused by the very beginning, but the sample made me curious. It was professionally edited.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 8:36 pm by psychopathycathy.

Scerakor

The cover, blurb, and description of this book were complimentary, but likely not enough to get me to buy the book. There is nothing specifically wrong with it, I really just didn't seem interested in the plot. After reading the first ten pages I didn't change my mind. Although it definitely seems to be well written and edited, the writing just didn't grab my attention nor scream for me to keep reading. Perhaps had I read a bit further than the sample I would have been drawn in more. What I liked the best about the sample is how although there are some pretty out of the ordinary things are going on from the beginning of the book, the author doesn't rush to explain how this world works for our protagonist. A little bit of mystery keeps the reader wanting more. I won't be reading the rest of this book and the lack of an official review did not affect this decision.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 9:19 pm by Scerakor.

klbradley

I'm always happy to see a future book of the month offered at a discount beforehand, in order to give an early chance to get started on it. I almost always read the book of the month, so I'm looking forward to the discussion about this one. From the cover, I'm not really a fan. I like that the title seems to tie into the cover design, but the cover seemed to be an eyesore for me. I did like how the first ten pages jumped straight in to explaining about Alex's so called "gift." I also like that this one is the first book in a series, because when I enjoy a story I'm always wanting to keep going and know what will happen next. I do plan to read this one, especially since it will be the Book of the Month in June.

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 10:15 pm by klbradley.

Pilar Guerrero

The cover of the book is brilliant. The protagonist is likeable and according to him, intelligent. This book looks interesting and I was engaged reading the first ten pages. If I had time to read it, I would buy it. For now, it will stay in my list "to be read soon".

First Ten review added on April 9, 2017, at 10:28 pm by Pilar Guerrero.

Amagine

I enjoyed this book a lot! I was first drawn to the cover which showed a flash of light. It was intriguing. I liked it even more when the novel opens to the main character moving at the speed of light. I thought that was an interesting tie in to the title. The character, Alex Fine, seems authentic and powerful. He strikes me as a character who is going to go through some amazing character development. I enjoyed learning about his past as well. This book is very well written and I would most certainly want to read it.

First Ten review added on April 10, 2017, at 1:31 am by Amagine.

Gravy

Upon seeing this book was an upcoming BOTM, I grew curious and looked into it. The blurb and everything caught me, but I decided to wait to read the sample (knowing it would, no doubt, be a BOTD). After reading the sample I'm less interested in the book, mainly because of the author's style. Just not my taste.
I did notice some missing words but nothing that strongly inhibits reading. The cover is great. I'm still interested in this, but will wait for some trusted opinions before deciding for sure. At this moment I do plan to read this.

First Ten review added on April 10, 2017, at 3:38 am by Gravy.

Shreyoshi Sen

I didn't quiet understand the plot of this book,maybe because I didn't read the review. But the story seems good. I would not be buying this book as I am not drawn towards the book in a strong manner.

First Ten review added on April 10, 2017, at 9:22 am by Shreyoshi Sen.

ashley_claire

This is a book that I'm somewhat ambiguous about my desire to read it at first glance. I do read some science fiction, though not a lot. But I'm worried that the tech side of this book will be too much for me. I like the cover and am additionally interested in the book due to it being the June book of the month. So far, my fear of it being too technical has been unfounded. I enjoyed the first ten pages and found myself wanting to know more about what's happening in the first chapter. The main character is easy to read about and the book seems to be professionally edited. I look forward to reading the rest of the book next month in anticipation of it being the book of the month.

First Ten review added on April 10, 2017, at 5:49 pm by ashley_claire.

Momlovesbooks

The description of this book sounded a little confusing and I wasn't sure it was something I'd enjoy. I read the sample and was very intrigued. The main character evoked sympathy and concern. This seems to be a unique book that doesn't follow the normal storylines. I went ahead and purchased this book because my son might also enjoy it.

First Ten review added on April 10, 2017, at 9:46 pm by Momlovesbooks.

bookowlie

The cover artwork is eye-catching, although I can't say it gave me a clue what the book was about or even the genre. The Amazon blurb is crisp and well written, and I was able to get a clear sense of the plot and overall themes. I found the sample pages a bit hard to follow with a little too much description thrown at me in the first few pages. To be fair, science fiction is not my favorite genre. Based on the writing style and my reading preferences, I am not interested in reading further.

First Ten review added on April 10, 2017, at 10:27 pm by bookowlie.

L_Therese

On the surface, this book sounded really interesting and like it could move in several different directions: sci-fi, thriller, crime drama, or alternate history. Between that multitude of potential and the fascinating cover, I was curious. As I read the first ten pages, although it was fairly well written, I wasn't drawn in the way I feel like I could have been. The focus on Alex's recovery rather than the events leading up to it felt odd to me, like I was missing something major that would make the whole thing make sense. It wasn't for me after all.

First Ten review added on April 11, 2017, at 12:08 am by L_Therese.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I wouldn't have read it. I usually read romance books. Having read the sample, my opinion remains. While I liked how the author described the character's emotions, I found the writing a little formal. The book seems professionally edited. I did not come across an onlinebookclub review for the book, but I do not think that the absence of one affected my decision. Since I do not read the genre usually, I will not be reading the book further

First Ten review added on April 11, 2017, at 12:40 am by AA1495.

jungkookblog

I will not be reading this book because it doesn't seem to interest me. The superpowers of this book doesn't seem interesting, while superman's powers seem more interesting to me. I will not be reading this book because the beginning didn't really get into detail, it just showed a lot of how the character was feeling. It seems professionally edited. I did not see a review and I don't think that would affect my decision.

First Ten review added on April 11, 2017, at 1:11 am by jungkookblog.

anneloretrujillo

I probably would not have sampled this book without this program. I don't usually read science fiction or fantasy books. The fact that there was no OBC review also made me not want to sample the book. After reading the first ten pages, I won't be purchasing this book. The style of writing isn't for me. While I liked the use of vocabulary, it didn't really draw me in. The science fiction end of things also deterred me. The book did seem to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on April 11, 2017, at 1:27 am by anneloretrujillo.

hsimone

The cover is eye-catching while the title seems fitting with the cover. I like the concise blurb and it piques my interest. There are several positive reviews, including the OBC one. However, I am not a big Science Fiction fan. Therefore, I would not have sampled this read without this program.

Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. The author does a nice job in using description, so far, in this read. Also, it is clear that the main character will be one with complexity, which I always enjoy. I do find the sample interesting enough to want to continue. What swayed my decision even more so is the fact that this will be OBC's June Book of the Month. I always enjoy discussing books at OBC. Therefore, I do plan on purchasing this book and finishing it eventually.

First Ten review added on April 11, 2017, at 6:29 am by hsimone.

Cjgarland89

Based on the cover I wasn't very interested in this book. This genre is touch and go for me so I wasn't sure if this was for me. After sampling I do think Alex is a great character that I could dive into, however I don't have time to add another book to my reading list. The sample was good, but not enough of a pull to finish it right now. I didn't see any errors in the sample.

First Ten review added on April 11, 2017, at 6:48 am by Cjgarland89.

MarisaRose

After reading the blurb for "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman, I wasn't sure I would be able to fully understand or connect with the content of this book. It is not a book I would have considered reading prior to sampling the beginning, mostly because of the sci-fi/techie nature of the blurb. After sampling the first ten pages, I was not captivated by the narrative perspective or the content. The book is told from the first person point of view and I felt this hindered the flow of the narrative. Plenty of "I" statements made throughout the beginning sample felt boring. I can see how this book would appeal to a specific audience, but the overall content and writing style just wasn't for me. I decided not to purchase this book.

First Ten review added on April 11, 2017, at 7:49 am by MarisaRose.

truebookaddict

Had I not sampled the first ten pages as part of this program, I would have chosen to read this book based on the genre. I love SciFi/Fantasy novels. I was also very intrigued by the blurb. It sounded like a different type of story.

I actually already bought the book because I liked the sound of it, and the price was great. I will read the whole book eventually. I found the first chapter did a great job of setting up the story.

The books seems to be professionally edited. I did not notice typos or grammatical errors.

As I said previously, I thought the first chapter was a terrific set up for the story. We learn a little bit about Alex...where he lives, etc. Also, we know something happened to him. This paves the way for a story that is bound to be exciting and innovative.

This book was not officially reviewed on OBC. The lack of such a review did not affect my decision.

First Ten review added on April 11, 2017, at 8:59 am by truebookaddict.

Total ~ 41%

This book earned a score of 41%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 41% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Superhighway in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Superhighway in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

Vermont Reviews

Want To Read Shelf

CatInTheHat

Want To Read Shelf

gran01

Want To Read Shelf

Shawna118

Want To Read Shelf

micoleon13

Want To Read Shelf

Iloverebecca

Want To Read Shelf