Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.8 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on August 10, 2015, at 3:09 pm by Tanaya.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman

by Robin Gregory

The First Ten

Because The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

I probably would have sampled the book as I love fantasy. The cover is lovely, but the blurb wasn't very clear. The official review clarified the plot better. The book started well, with the appearance of Moojie at the chapel and his adoption. The book seems well written and I like the writing. The plot sounds intriguing. I enjoyed the sample and downloaded the book. I will read the balance of the book eventually.

First Ten review added on September 23, 2016, at 10:02 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

Vermont Reviews

Great cover. I was very impressed with the preview of this book. The character of Moojie Littleman is one that needs to have a voice and the author Robin Gregory gives that to him. After the miracle of the seagull, and his mother's passing. Moojie is left with his grandfather. His father is off on an adventure with his map making. Moojie's grandfather is very close to sending him to the Steel Barn.
**note to the author** correct the word (muttter) it should be (mutter)
I enjoyed the preview and did download a copy so that I could finish the story. I look forward to reading more works by this author. I did look over the reviews and the readers seem pleased with the book.

Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on September 23, 2016, at 11:24 am by Vermont Reviews.

bookowlie

I was very turned off by the numerous errors in the Amazon summary blurb. It is not professionally edited at all - there are many instances of no spaces between words or between a comma and the next word. Also, starting off the blurb with a long list of awards, instead of the summary, is annoying. The cover is eye-catching and artistic. In the sample, the author has a nice way with words (for example - "the ambassador of lovability"). However, I found the pacing slow and am not too interested in books with mystical elements. Although the Official Review is very positive, this book doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

First Ten review added on September 23, 2016, at 11:28 am by bookowlie.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

klbradley

I can already tell from the synopsis and the first ten pages that this book will be an uplifting story, and something that revolves around family. Something of that nature sounds like an ideal read for me. I look forward to finishing this one!

First Ten review added on September 23, 2016, at 1:08 pm by klbradley.

hsimone

Even without this program, I would have most likely sampled this read. For one, I already knew this book was out there and the captivating cover caught my attention right from the beginning. The title is catchy. The genre, Coming of Age, is one that I enjoy. Lastly, the overall positive reviews, including the official OBC has swayed me into reading the sample.

Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I enjoyed the author's writing style. There is something about how Ms. Gregory's writes that is lovely and enchanting. Also, I liked how there is a sprinkle of paranormal in the book. However, I did feel the first paragraph or so a bit blurry and confusing, so I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the rest. Continuing on proved that I believe I will like this book. Therefore, I will give this a full read.

First Ten review added on September 23, 2016, at 3:05 pm by hsimone.

easy_dc13

I might have checked it out once I saw that it was a Coming of Age books. These books often tend to be the most relatable, and engaging pieces of literature to read so they have that. I would definitely like to continue reading but not right now, still have a couple of books to read. No typos, errors and such so it's clear. I haven't gotten to the interesting part but the story is promising and they've already dropped some great food for thoughts so other readers should probably check this out.

First Ten review added on September 23, 2016, at 3:33 pm by easy_dc13.

CrescentMoon

Based on the cover, title, and blurb, I would not pick this book up. I generally am a huge fan of fantasy and science fiction, and although this book seems to be a part of that genre, the book doesn't sound like my cup of tea. I do however, give kudos to the author because the book has a great rating on Amazon and won so many awards. Clearly, the intended audience is greatly pleased with the book. After reading the first ten pages, I will not continue reading the rest. The writing is good and there were no grammar errors that I noticed, but I just could not get into the storyline. There really is nothing wrong with the book, but I personally am not interested in reading the rest.

First Ten review added on September 23, 2016, at 3:57 pm by CrescentMoon.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I wouldn't have chosen to read it. I still wouldn't read it, because it's not a genre I like. The plot isn't intriguing enough for me to make an exception. The book seems to be professionally edited and has a great official review by the Onlinebookclub, so I'm sure people who like the Genre would love it. The best part about the book would be the good characterization. The author could probably make the beginning more interesting (by creating curiosity about the plot) for people who don't like the genre to make an exception.

First Ten review added on September 23, 2016, at 6:09 pm by AA1495.

Kia

Based on the description of this book, I would not have chosen to read it. It just seems a little too "out there" for my liking. While the first ten pages were extremely well written, the story is just a little too strange for me to want to continue to read it.

First Ten review added on September 23, 2016, at 8:56 pm by Kia.

L_Therese

This book is certainly highly acclaimed, and the reviewer speaks well of it, but the review also mentions that this book is intended for younger readers. Although, going in, I expected to find good quality, I was also anticipating a book that wouldn't fit me all that well. As expected, in the first ten pages, I encountered a beginning of very good quality. I met a character that comes with a good deal of mystery and a modicum of humor. However, also according to my expectation, the style of the book didn't suit me. I'm not planning to finish this one.

First Ten review added on September 24, 2016, at 12:23 am by L_Therese.

psychopathycathy

If I had not sampled this book, I would not have read it. I love the cover, but am unsure about the blurb. After reading the ten pages, I have not changed my mind. I greatly enjoyed the lyrical prose, but I was a little lost and I wasn't sure where the story was supposed to be going. The book does seem professionally edited, however, and although I did not read an OnlineBookClub review, my decision was not altered.

First Ten review added on September 24, 2016, at 2:48 am by psychopathycathy.

Gravy

This cover would have had me checking this book out. It's fitting and wonderful, and had me looking forward to the sample.
The writing was original, and I may read it at some point, though I can't say when as I only read traditional (paper) books.
I didn't notice many errors, and those I did may have been on purpose? That was my take on it.
I very much enjoyed Moojie. He is a very rare and interesting character.

I can't say that I will absolutely read this book, but it is very much something I would read. I absolutely would recommend it.

First Ten review added on September 24, 2016, at 6:18 am by Gravy.

CataclysmicKnight

I was really intrigued by the name of this one, and the first ten pages have kept that curiosity going. The writing has that magical/mysterious feeling to it, and the plot has lots of room to grow, despite there not being a real hook to it yet. I can definitely see finishing this one sometime!

First Ten review added on September 24, 2016, at 1:05 pm by CataclysmicKnight.

Momlovesbooks

After reading the review of this book, I still wasn't sure about it. I read several pages and couldn't get into it. Although the writing had a poetic feel in the beginning, it seemed to change tone further into the book. The main character seemed mystical and elusive. Even though I'm curious to find out exactly what type of character he will develop into, I won't be reading the rest of the book.

First Ten review added on September 24, 2016, at 11:21 pm by Momlovesbooks.

Cjgarland89

This story definitely tugged at the heart strings. I wasn't sure about reading after seeing the reviews and description on amazon. After reading the first ten, and seeing and feeling the hurt from Moojie, I will be finishing this book because I want to know his journey and more about where he came from. I didn't see any errors, spelling or grammar in the first ten. I did see the perfect 4/4 review from OBC, but it didn't influence my decision to purchase and finish reading the entire book. It gripped my attention and I feel connected to the story right away.

First Ten review added on September 25, 2016, at 1:38 am by Cjgarland89.

anneloretrujillo

I probably wouldn't have sampled this book based on the OBC review. The idea of a supernatural group wasn't really appealing to me. After reading the first ten pages, I most likely will not be finishing this book. I wasn't particularly fond of the writing style. I also am not that interesting in the storyline that is present. I do think that the book is professionally added, and there are some good descriptive elements.

First Ten review added on September 25, 2016, at 3:03 am by anneloretrujillo.

Total ~ 38%

This book earned a score of 38%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 38% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman in their shelves?

27 members have The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman in their shelves.

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

Tanaya

4-Star Shelf

CCtheBrave

4-Star Shelf

lydialeigh71

Want To Read Shelf

hsimone

Want To Read Shelf

Julie4453

Want To Read Shelf

Janetleighgreen

Want To Read Shelf