Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.3 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on August 9, 2015, at 6:47 pm by Kappy.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

ISBN: 9781771152549

Aquarius Rising Book 2: Blood Tide

by Brian Burt

The First Ten

Because Aquarius Rising Book 2: Blood Tide was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

bookowlie

The Amazon summary appears to be professionally edited, but the plot explanation is densely written. I found it a little confusing to follow. The cover is attractive, but it's not something that would make me look twice in a bookstore. Keep in mind that I don't read a lot of science fiction. I didn't enjoy the sample pages much either. Many pieces of dialogue are long and, due to the formatting, it's not clear who is speaking at times. This is not a book I am interested in reading.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2016, at 10:21 am by bookowlie.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled the book without the program, even though it is one of my favorite genres, as this is the second book in the series. I prefer to start series from the start whenever possible. I love the cover and the blurb is clear and concise, but the official review made me more curious about the book. The book seems well-written and I liked the writing. The premise sounds original but as I didn't read the first one, I found the beginning a bit confusing. As this book isn't a standalone book, and one had to read the first one to understand what is going on, I won't buy the book at this point.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2016, at 10:45 am by gali.

Vermont Reviews

The preview of Aquarius Rising Book 2: Blood Tide by Brian Burt shows the reader the story of Megalops who has recently lost his mate and child to the Medusa Plague. He is put on trial for developing a virus with his knowledge of bioscupture which will harm humans. He is seeking revenge. Brian has a true talent for creating characters and a world underwater. The story is an interesting read. Many of the reviewers are happy with his talents. The story appears to have been professionally edited. It is well written. I like the cover art. At this time my reading schedule is overbooked. I would have purchased this book based on the preview and reviews.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on November 1, 2016, at 11:55 am by Vermont Reviews.

hsimone

Without this program, I most likely would not have sampled this read. The cover is beautiful, the title is clever, and the reviews are positive. However, since this is science fiction, I would have steered clear since this is one of my least favorite genres.

Based on what I read, the book seems mostly edited. The only questioning part is the word "Join" in the following sentence: "We Join the Living Reefs..." It seems that the word, "Join" should not be capitalized. Oddly enough, I love the aqua aspect of this read, so far. There is something about water that is both beautiful and deadly. I do fear that the number of unique names might confuse me for a bit. However, because there is a positive OBC review and the first few pages have me hooked, I do plan on buying this book today and giving it a full read.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2016, at 1:45 pm by hsimone.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

CrescentMoon

I think the title and cover are perfect for the book, very fitting for the science fiction genre and the the ocean and tide depicted on the cover fits the half-human half-dolphin character perfectly. The blurb is extremely intriguing. This sounds like a very unique novel and I absolutely love science fiction so I would pick this book up. After reading the first ten pages, I do like the writing style, but it seems that the reader would need to read the first book to understand what is going on. I will continue reading this after reading the first one.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2016, at 3:36 pm by CrescentMoon.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I wouldn't have read it. It doesn't belong to a genre I usually read. Having sampled the book, my opinion remains. I liked the author's writing style and the language he used. However, I came across many technical jargon. The book seems to be professionally edited and has a favorable Onlinebookclub review. I will not read this book further, but I'm sure fans of the genre would love the book.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2016, at 4:33 pm by AA1495.

Genaaa

I actually really enjoyed sampling this and hope one day, I might be able to find time to finish reading it. The author's plot is brilliant and actually really really interests me. On top of that, the title and cover are brilliant and will definitely draw in readers. I'm sure lots of readers will love this book even though I can not read it at the moment.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2016, at 6:59 pm by Genaaa.

Sarah_Khan

At first glance, the cover art of this book is interesting, but I found the blurb too detailed and confusing. After reading a few pages I can see that this book is well written and professionally edited. Unfortunately I will not be reading the rest of this book because the story does not pique my interest and this is the second book of a series.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2016, at 9:18 pm by Sarah_Khan.

psychopathycathy

If I had not sampled this book, I would not have read it. Although the cover looks amazing, I was a little confused when reading the blurb, although this may have resulted because I did not read the first book. After the sample, I have not changed my mind. I liked the writing style, but like I had predicted, I was lost and didn't really know what the setting or the characters were. I would probably begin with book one, if I were to read this. I thought the writing was professional, and reading the positive official OnlineBookClub review made me want to read the book more.

First Ten review added on November 1, 2016, at 11:23 pm by psychopathycathy.

lane_vespertine

I am betting this book is going to turn out to be pretty cool. Seems to have a developed paradigm, at least after the first ten or so pages I read, and is written and edited well. Plus, the cover art is pretty cool, so that is a bonus. It has a few before it in line, but I fully intend on reading this one.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2016, at 12:16 am by lane_vespertine.

L_Therese

When I first looked at this book, I noticed that it was book 2 in a series, which made me immediately think that I probably would not be adding it to my list (since I prefer to begin with book 1, as a general rule). When I read the blurb, it seemed juvenile/young adult. Names of concepts like "Medusa Plague" and "Vendetta Virus" strike me as more appealing to younger readers. My next step was to look at the cover of the book. Referencing exactly what the title and cover reminded me of is often frowned upon in public forums, but it has a lot to do with fertility. Might want to check that again. Then I read the first ten pages. The writing seemed to be of good quality, and I didn't notice any errors, but, mostly because the book is the 2nd in the series, I will not be finishing it.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2016, at 12:20 am by L_Therese.

ALynnPowers

To be quite honest, I was really confused by this book. I was expecting something in the science fiction realm, but what I read felt a bit more like some kind of fantasy story based on Greek and Roman mythology, complete with Medusa and Juno, but with the twist of "Aquarians" being a type of human-dolphin hybrid (as mentioned in the summary of the book; I didn't pick that up at all in the brief bit of the book I did read. I actually thought they were just mermaids/mermen). The unexpected genre was actually a nice surprise for me, as I prefer mythological stories and tend to avoid sci-fi as much as I can, but I didn't really like the feeling of jumping into the middle of the story. I'm pretty sure I've missed something that was probably laid out nicely in Book 1, and I would much rather know what happened in the previous book before I could see myself committing to this book.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2016, at 12:32 am by ALynnPowers.

CataclysmicKnight

The concept of Atlanteans, especially with some wild backstory that I'm assuming will be revealed more throughout the book, is quite awesome. However, I was really confused when I started reading this one with how much was being presented so quickly. As the first ten pages went on it became easier to follow, but I don't see finishing this one.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2016, at 1:17 am by CataclysmicKnight.

Gravy

The blurb was well written, and I didn't notice any errors. The cover fits the premise, though it makes me think of something in the thriller genre.
The writing is interesting, but it's just not my taste. I have to praise the creativity of the author, however, at that was my favorite part.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2016, at 4:25 am by Gravy.

Rachel1019

I was not sure what to think when I initially saw this book. The title is quite forbidding. The review offers a bit of an idea of what the book is about, without giving away any of the plot itself. I'm glad that I read the review, because sampling the book, I didn't even know what Aquarians were which made it a bit confusing. I vastly prefer to read books in the correct order in a series. Since I haven't read the first book in this series, I will not be reading this book.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2016, at 11:27 am by Rachel1019.

Shelle

I thought this book sounded very interesting and was glad to have the opportunity to sample it. I don't ever start books in the middle of a series, so I definitely felt lost jumping into book 2 with out having read book 1. The characters and the action were all very interesting and grabbed my attention, I just felt lost the whole time I was reading. Likely all the background information I needed was in Book 1. I like the author's writing style, but would not read the rest until after reading book 1.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2016, at 1:40 pm by Shelle.

Momlovesbooks

This type of book is not my favorite genre. I read a few pages. The writing seemed to be professionally edited and well-written. Fans of this genre would find it appealing, but I won't read the rest of it.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2016, at 1:40 pm by Momlovesbooks.

anneloretrujillo

I would not have sampled this book based on the OBC review and the genre. I'm not really into science fiction. After reading the first ten pages, I will not be buying the book. The author has a great use of vocabulary, I just can't get into the science fiction end of it. I also don't like reading the second book before reading the first book. The book seemed to be professionally edited. This just isn't the book for me.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2016, at 6:57 pm by anneloretrujillo.

klbradley

The sysopsis on this book sounds excellent. The first ten pages seem to give a good insight, but I don't usually like to read a book in the middle of a series, so I'm going to pass on this one for now at least.

First Ten review added on November 2, 2016, at 10:48 pm by klbradley.

Rachaelamb1

I do not care for gory books so the title makes me a little apprehensive. The cover looks professional, though. I probably would not choose to read this book normally, but the sample had me more interested than I thought I would be. The world is unique which is something I love. However, I am not sure I will be able to keep up with all the new creatures and terms. Perhaps the first book would be a better introduction to this world. I will not be buying today, but I will check out the sample on the first book. This book seems professionally edited.

First Ten review added on November 3, 2016, at 12:11 am by Rachaelamb1.

Cjgarland89

Normally this genre is not something I would enjoy reading. After reading the sampling of the book, I've decided to purchase the full copy. The idea of the creatures in the book, and how they are seemingly just as normal as humans is interesting to me. The setting being underwater drew me in the most, because it's not your typical mermaid type tale, there's actual substance and it drew me in. I didn't notice any errors in the sample, and the official review contributed to my decision to finish the book. read it first and was skeptical but the sample changed my mind.

First Ten review added on November 3, 2016, at 6:47 am by Cjgarland89.

Total ~ 24%

This book earned a score of 24%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 24% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Aquarius Rising Book 2: Blood Tide in their shelves?

17 members have Aquarius Rising Book 2: Blood Tide in their shelves.

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

karatheredhead

Want To Read Shelf

Kappy

4-Star Shelf

Maryannwrites-15

Want To Read Shelf

hsimone

2-Star Shelf

anonanemone

Want To Read Shelf

Julie4453

Want To Read Shelf