Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.1 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on January 6, 2015, at 7:51 am by braver.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

ISBN: 9781466234970

Storm of Arranon

by R E Sheahan

The First Ten

Because Storm of Arranon was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

bookowlie

I didn't really care for the busy-looking cover. There is too much going on and, as a result, the title doesn't stand out. The summary blurb didn't capture my interest. It is too long and busy, and there is too much blow-by-blow info thrown in. I was unable to become absorbed in the sample pages. The author has a long-winded writing style and I found it hard to get into the storyline. Although the Official Review contains many positive comments, this is not a book I am interested in reading based on the summary and beginning pages.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 11:02 am by bookowlie.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Sarah_Khan

At first glance, I thought the cover art had a lot going on and the blurb had too much information. After reading the first ten pages, I can say that this novel is very well-written and professionally edited. The story starts out very interesting, and definitely pulls you in. Unfortunately I do not intend to read the rest of this book because it is part of a series and I do not have the time to commit to a series right now.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 12:00 pm by Sarah_Khan.

chocomeiske

I'm very much someone who's attracted by a pretty cover. This cover would entice me to read the description and check out the reviews.
Having read the sample, I'm pretty sure this is something I would enjoy. I like the political machinations and Erynn comes off as a strong character. I would love to read the rest of this especially since I like the flow of the writing and the pacing.
I get the feeling theis book has been professionally edited and will probably be reading the whole thing.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 1:05 pm by chocomeiske.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I wouldn't have read it. I generally read pure romance books. Having read the sample, my opinion remains. I like how the book has a strong female character. Further, I liked how the author described events and sceneries. However, I didn't like the pace at which the plot was moving in the sample. Further, I would have liked to know Erynn's character better. The book seems to be professionally edited. It has a favorable Onlinebookclub review. While I'm sure others would love the book, it isn't for me.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 2:13 pm by AA1495.

anneloretrujillo

I probably would not have sampled this book based on the title, cover, and OBC review. I sometimes enjoy young adult novels, but I don't usually like fantasy and science fiction books. After reading the first ten pages, I will not be buying this book. I could tell within the first couple pages that it was not the book for me. The style isn't for me. It's written like a science fiction book, at least in my opinion it is. It also mentioned some technology that seemed like it belongs in a science fiction novel right away. I'm sure a lot of people would really enjoy this book, I just know that I won't. It did seem to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 2:49 pm by anneloretrujillo.

jungkookblog

I don't think I would've read this book based on the cover, title, etc because the plot seems very weird from the cover. I am not going to buy or read the whole book because there's not enough interesting plots in the book for me to like it. It seems like it was professionally edited. I loved the mysterious vibe in the book. Something that could be improved would be catching the plot better. I did not see a review, and that has affected my decision.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 3:38 pm by jungkookblog.

Vermont Reviews

I enjoyed today's preview of R.E. Sheahan's book Storm of Arranging enough to want to finish it. Great story... Great characters... Great price. I am downloading this book based on preview and reviews.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 3:39 pm by Vermont Reviews.

MarisaRose

At first glance, "Storm of Arranon" seems appealing; the cover is beautiful and there are an overwhelming amount of positive reviews, including multiple official OBC reviews. I would have considered reading this book had it not been part of this program. After sampling the first ten pages, I have decided I will not continue reading "Storm of Arranon." Although there was nothing wrong with the beginning of the book, the writing is solid and it is clearly professionally edited, I didn't find myself all that intrigued by the opening scene or the overall setting. Maybe this just isn't my type of book but it seemed like a pretty standard opening. There is some mystery and an evident bad guy. I think my biggest problem with the opening is that it gives the impression that characters are going to be very two dimensional. Birk seems like a typical bad guy no body will like. I prefer bad guys who have some redeeming qualities and aren't 100% bad. After sampling this book, I have chosen not to continue reading it to the end.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 4:33 pm by MarisaRose.

Shelle

The cover and the blurb definitely were attention-getting, so I was glad to have the opportunity to sample this book. The action starts immediately and I was actually a bit lost, but that was probably intentional. The pace is quick and the writer uses some great descriptions. Fantasy/SciFi isn't really my genre and this one was quite graphic, so probably not for me. This book appeared to be professionally edited and error-free.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 4:42 pm by Shelle.

CrescentMoon

I'm not really a fan of the cover of this book, it is very busy and distracting. However, I would pick this book up after reading the blurb, it sounds like it would be a really fun read. This book encompasses all the genres I love like science fiction, fantasy, romance, and action. After reading the first ten pages, I am intrigued. The opening line with the death in the eyes really sounded creepy and scary and the writing is really good. I think I will continue reading this.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 5:50 pm by CrescentMoon.

hsimone

I feel the cover is too busy and my eyes can't seem to decide what I should focus on. The blurb is somewhat interesting, though I'm not a big alien fan. Coming-of-age stories could go either way for me, though I do enjoy a good fantasy read. However, along with the mixed reviews, including the two OBC ones, I most likely would not have sampled this book on my own. Based on the bit that I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I enjoyed the opening line of this read; it was very grabbing. However, after sampling, I feel a bit lost. It might be because there are a few uncommon names being thrown in right from the get-go; I need more of a lead in if I'm going to be introduced to uncommon names and am expected to keep track of them. Overall, the first ten pages were not gripping enough for me, so I will not be purchasing this book today.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 6:09 pm by hsimone.

Kdonegan91

The cover is fascinating and the title informs the reader that the book is probably written in the sci-fi or fantasy genre. I am not a fan of that specific genre or the young adult genre and the sample, even though well-written, did not change my mind.

First Ten review added on December 8, 2016, at 10:19 pm by Kdonegan91.

L_Therese

I was a little bit wary of selecting this book because it is YA, which is not to my taste. I read both reviews and found some disagreement about the quality of plot and characters. I read the first ten pages of the sample knowing that one reviewer loved the book while another would not be recommending it to me. The first ten pages didn't actually do much to sway me either way. I felt like I could take or leave the book at that point, so I'm making the decision to leave the book.

First Ten review added on December 9, 2016, at 2:45 am by L_Therese.

Gravy

This would not have caught my eye. This specific genre just doesn't interest me and I don't like the cover, it's to busy for my taste.
I didn't notice any errors and the writing was fine, there just wasn't anything that interested me enough to continue reading.
Neither official review colored my opinion. Due to this not being my typical genre, and it not pulling me in, I won't be continuing.

First Ten review added on December 9, 2016, at 3:53 am by Gravy.

Rachaelamb1

The cover is beautiful. I enjoy young adult novels so this is the type of book I would normally read. The official review also made it sound really interesting. I didn't like the opening scene because it is kind of gruesome and full of too much new information that I felt lost. I did like it once Erynn was introduced to the story. I think it is an ok book, but I don't feel like it has too much to offer in uniqueness which is why I am not going to buy it. It appears to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on December 9, 2016, at 7:31 am by Rachaelamb1.

Momlovesbooks

The cover of this book is very eye-catching. I'm not a big fan of this genre, but read the first few pages to give it a chance. The writing seemed to be well-edited. The storyline appeared to be fast moving and full of action. However, I still couldn't get interested in this type of book. I won't be reading the rest of it.

First Ten review added on December 9, 2016, at 3:03 pm by Momlovesbooks.

Cjgarland89

Honestly, the cover alone made me uninterested in reading this book. After sampling, I was actually into the book until Birk said the girl was pretty for an alien. The author lost me after that. I didn't see any spelling errors and the writing was clear and well done. There wasn't an OBC review but I think it could have helped a lot in changing my mind about not wanting to read the book.

First Ten review added on December 9, 2016, at 8:26 pm by Cjgarland89.

klbradley

After reading the first ten pages, my interest is definitely peaked. Always a fan of this type of sci find novel, I was interested right away. The opening murder scene was a bit graphic, with a killer who enjoys seeing death a bit too much.

First Ten review added on December 10, 2016, at 12:10 am by klbradley.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would not have read the book. The cover is a little messy for me, and the blurb was a little boring. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. From the beginning, although the writing was descriptive, it was very wordy and reading got very tedious. It seemed professionally edited, and I did not read an official review.

First Ten review added on December 10, 2016, at 1:50 am by psychopathycathy.

CataclysmicKnight

I was drawn to this book the second I saw the cover; despite knowing nothing about the plot, the cover image, title and even the author's name screamed sci-fi! After reading the first ten pages I'm still not at all sure of the overall plot, but I'm certainly very intrigued by what's been set up so far. The writing is much more relatable than many sci-fi novels, which is always a concern for me - I can't stand the colder or more confusing stories. I'll definitely finish this one!

First Ten review added on December 10, 2016, at 2:11 am by CataclysmicKnight.

Total ~ 25%

This book earned a score of 25%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 25% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Storm of Arranon in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Storm of Arranon in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

braver

2-Star Shelf

Genaaa

4-Star Shelf

Book_Bae

Want To Read Shelf

prizenut81

4-Star Shelf

ItsMauuuieee

Want To Read Shelf

AnitaOlsen

Want To Read Shelf