Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 2.8 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on December 29, 2016, at 1:35 pm by MarisaRose.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

Escape: Tip of the Spear Book One

by Belle Ami

The First Ten

Because Escape was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

I wouldn't have sampled the book on my own, as a steamy romance isn't my preferable read. The cover is typical of the genre, and isn't that appealing, and the blurb informative. The sample started with an action, introducing Cyrus Hassani, but it failed to grab me. After reading both the sample and the official review, I realized the book isn't for me. I won't read the book as its content doesn't interest me.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 10:32 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

chocomeiske

The cover gives me a totally different vibe than the description so if not for this program, I wouldn't have taken a second glance at it as I would have assumed it was some sort of romance. Having read the sample, there are some romantic elements but this is also a spy thriller so that aspect makes it intriguing. I can't recall any glaring editing issues.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 10:51 am by chocomeiske.

James Craft

The cover of this book is compelling in a romance fashion and it looks very interesting. The title is simple and easy to read and it comes across as a well-put together package. It doesn't seem like my kind of book, but it did get a good review from OBC so it is a positive markin its favor. All in all, I won't be continuing this book because it isn't my style, but not for any reason from the quality of the book.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 11:29 am by James Craft.

bookowlie

The cover of this book made me think that it would be an overly erotic romance novel rather than a spy/romance thriller. The summary blurb appears to be professionally edited, but it is very long with too much detail. It made me think that the writing in the book would be the same way. The beginning pages have a little too much description which dragged the pace. Taking everything into account, I am not interested in reading further.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 12:02 pm by bookowlie.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I don't know if I would have read it. While I like romance books, I don't usually read intense ones. Having read the sample, my opinion remains. I liked how the characters were introduced but I would have liked to see more of the romance element in the sample. The book seems professionally edited. It has a favorable onlinebookclub review. While I will not be reading the book further now, I might read it in the future.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 1:19 pm by AA1495.

ashley_claire

Upon reading the OBC review, this book sounds right up my alley. I like steamy romances and I also enjoy thrillers. The cover seems to fit well with the genre of the book. The first ten pages held my interest while setting up some of the backstory for Cyrus. It succeeded in leaving me with wanting to learn more about him. The overall reviews on OBC and Amazon lead me to believe that this is a book I would enjoy. I will be continuing with this book.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 1:30 pm by ashley_claire.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

CataclysmicKnight

I have nothing against books with romance, but books that are primarily romance and that get raunchy I'm not a fan of. As such, I wouldn't have even given this one more than a first glance if it wasn't the book of the day. Having said that, the beginning of this book really surprised me! Once chapter 1 began the book became entirely plot-centric, thrown right into some crazy action. On top of that, the concept of a nuclearized Middle East, especially one aided by Russia, is very frightening. I never would have imagined I'd say this from my first opinion of then book, but yes, I do think I'll finish this one.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 1:55 pm by CataclysmicKnight.

CrescentMoon

After reading the blurb, I don't really think this is my cup of tea. I'm not much into reading erotica or heavy romance. After reading the first ten pages, I definitely think that fans of this genre would enjoy this book. But it's not for me.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 3:17 pm by CrescentMoon.

Shelle

The cover makes this book look like a 'bodice ripper' and that's not typically my style. I don't think I like the characters and the dialogue seems forced and awkward at times. This book appears to be professionally edited and error-free.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 5:59 pm by Shelle.

Sarah_Khan

At first glance, I like the cover art. The blurb and online book club review did a great job of making me interested.
After reading the first few pages, I was pleasantly surprised. This book is very well-written and professionally edited. I actually found the plot intriguing even though I usually do not read erotica. Unfortunately, I have too much on my plate right now, therefore I do not intend to purchase this novel.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 6:24 pm by Sarah_Khan.

Vermont Reviews

Escape by Belle Am i today's book of the day shows the story of east meets west. Can love overcome the diversity of culture and customs? My current reading list is currently overbooked and I will not be downloading the book. Based on the preview I would have bought the book.
I thought the characters were great and made the story come alive.
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 7:39 pm by Vermont Reviews.

jamesabr

So far, the story is enticing, but dull overall. If I were not a part of First Ten, I would have likely sampled Escape due to its plot summary on Facebook. It seemed as if it possessed the qualities of a thrilling story. The first ten pages were not nothing unusual: an unfeeling main character who enjoys the vices of life whenever he pleases. The best part, for me, was finding out that he was having rendezvous with Zahra, his "cousin". It was the most interesting part of the sample. Despite its tasteful detail, I won't continue reading the story. There were no typos or grammatical errors.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 7:56 pm by jamesabr.

mratdegraff91

The cover of this novel is eye catching. The summary of the book provided instantly caught my attention. Young girl in distress to be rescued by secret spy is a common tale that is highly enjoyable. Sampling the book and also reading the OnlineBookClub review, however, is what sold me on this novel. I look forward to following Cyrus and Layla as the story unfolds and the excitement builds. There also were not any grammatical errors in the sample.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 9:19 pm by mratdegraff91.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample I would not have read the book. It is not in my preferred genres. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind. I found myself mostly confused about what was going on, as well as about some technical terms. The official review helped with my decision not to read the book, as it said that the ending was lackluster. The sample was professionally edited.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 9:54 pm by psychopathycathy.

Kdonegan91

At first glance, this book caught my attention because the cover and title are creative and eye-catching. After reading the first ten pages and the OBC review, I was on the fence whether to purchase this book or not. I like the steady yet quick progression of the sample but I am not a fan of the storyline. I do not enjoy books that center around spies, captivity, or government. Therefore, I will not be purchasing this book.

First Ten review added on March 13, 2017, at 10:59 pm by Kdonegan91.

ZenaLei7

The sample was filled with suspense and action which the type of book that I love to read. I will definitely read the entire book. I did not notice any major grammatical errors either.

First Ten review added on March 14, 2017, at 12:03 am by ZenaLei7.

ananya92

This book is in the romantic/erotic thriller genre, involving a spy and a student, who is the daughter of an American nuclear physicist. From the sample, it is evident that the book has been professionally edited. The author's writing style is engrossing, transitioning smoothly from one scene to next and the book seems to be fast paced. Despite the suspense and high degree of intrigue portrayed in the sample, the male protagonist's flawed moral compass doesn't sit well with me. According to the description, he is an Israeli spy, but he doesn't have any qualms about conducting an illicit affair with the widow of an Iranian nuclear scientist, especially when the discovery of that affair could spell horrible torture for her. I find it difficult to read a book where I can't gun for the hero. Therefore, despite the encouraging review, I'll skip this one.

First Ten review added on March 14, 2017, at 3:31 am by ananya92.

L_Therese

As I prepared to read the sample of this book, I was looking forward to seeing the different elements take shape so I could get a picture of how it will all come together. When I was reading it, though, one thing I missed was the cultural element in the male protagonist's character. There was a mention of going to prayer one time, but the male protagonist seemed a lot like most of the male leads in romantic thrillers that I've read. I was a little disappointed because my hopes were much higher for the book.

First Ten review added on March 14, 2017, at 4:01 am by L_Therese.

Gravy

This isn't something I would be interested in reading. The genre just doesn't appeal to me.
I didn't notice any errors, and the style was readable enough.
Due to this not being one of my genres I don't plan to read it.

First Ten review added on March 14, 2017, at 6:45 am by Gravy.

SandraTWP-BRW

The cover of the book is well composed. The elements balance each other, and he colors work well together. I'm not a fan of the romance genre, but the espionage angle is intriguing.

Upon reading the excerpt, I found Cyrus to be both interesting as a character and a little puzzling in a way that made me curious about what makes him tick. The story is well told, with good pacing and detail that kept my attention throughout. I especially enjoyed the descriptions of Iran.

I encountered no errors in the excerpt I read.

I will not be reading the rest of the book. While there were aspects of the excerpt I enjoyed, I felt it clearly belongs in the romance genre, which simply isn't my cup of tea. It should be a great read for someone who enjoys that style.

First Ten review added on March 14, 2017, at 8:19 am by SandraTWP-BRW.

Momlovesbooks

The cover looks steamy and hints at erotica. I enjoy romances, but wasn't sure if this would be too graphic for my tastes. The review was positive but did say some scenes were intense. I read the first few pages and came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be reading this one. The storyline seems interesting and fast-paced for a romance, but I have a growing list of books to read already!

First Ten review added on March 14, 2017, at 11:35 am by Momlovesbooks.

hsimone

The cover reveals that this will be some type of erotic book. So, even though, the title is interesting, there are mainly positive reviews, and the setting (according to the blurb) is unique, I would not have sampled this read on my own. Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I like how strong Cyrus' character seems to be. He seems realistic and perhaps relatable to those who have been at war. At this point in the story, I am having a difficult time in becoming interested in the plot. It's hard to pinpoint the problem, but perhaps, it's because this book seems like too much of a war-based book. Therefore, I do not plan on purchasing this book today.

First Ten review added on March 14, 2017, at 12:13 pm by hsimone.

Bfrisco

I don't think I would have looked into this book based on the cover, but the title might have caught my attention. I would not have read the sample based on the description, primarily because the term "sexy romantic thriller" doesn't sound like a book I would enjoy. The book did appear to be professionally edited from what I read. I would not be interested in continuing to read, because I don't like this genre. I appreciated that the author seemed to have really done research for this book, but I was a little put off by how the author would use terms and then provide abbreviations afterwards. In the context of a conversation between people who presumably typically use the term, it doesn't make sense to have them define it for each other.

First Ten review added on March 14, 2017, at 8:15 pm by Bfrisco.

anneloretrujillo

I probably would have sampled this book without this program based on the genre, blurb and OBC review. It's in the genre I usually read, and I thought the setting was interesting. After reading the first ten pages, I won't be finishing this book. I thought that the setting would intrigue me, but it ended up doing the opposite. The first chapter had me not really wanting to read the book. While I do like romance, the content of this book doesn't really seem to be for me. It did seem to be professionally edited, and I liked that the setting of each chapter was labelled. This just isn't the book for me.

First Ten review added on March 15, 2017, at 12:20 am by anneloretrujillo.

jungkookblog

I don't think I will be reading this book because the plot about romance is just not what I like to read. I will not be reading this book beacuse the first ten pages did not grab my attention. I like how the author included details from the very beginning of how it lead the plot. It seems professionally edited. I did not see a review, and I don't think it would affect my decision.

First Ten review added on March 15, 2017, at 1:54 am by jungkookblog.

Cjgarland89

At first glance I knew that wasn't a book I'd like to read. The cover reveals what the book is likely about. After checking out the OBC review it's confirmed that the books is a heavy romance and erotica type book. I am not into either of those genres because I don't understand the value in reading it. After reading the first ten my opinion hasn't changed and I will not be buying the book. I do appreciate the details of the characters back story in the sample, and there were no errors.

First Ten review added on March 15, 2017, at 6:45 am by Cjgarland89.

truebookaddict

Had I not sampled the first ten pages as part of this program, I would not have chosen to read/sample this book. I do not read much romantic suspense/thriller type books.

I will not buy and read the whole book because it's not a genre I read. Plus, the price is above my eBook spending limit.

The book seems professionally edited. I did not notice typos or grammatical errors.

The author seems well-versed in military jargon and scenarios so what I read sounded very authentic. However, stories with military aspects are just not for me. Someone who enjoys books with those elements would probably really like this book.

This book was officially reviewed on OBC.

First Ten review added on March 15, 2017, at 8:48 am by truebookaddict.

Total ~ 15%

This book earned a score of 15%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 15% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Escape in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Escape in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

ilovebooks2

Want To Read Shelf

Mom14043

Want To Read Shelf

dvillemomof4

Want To Read Shelf

bluemel4

Want To Read Shelf

Elena_D

Want To Read Shelf

Julie4453

Want To Read Shelf