Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.4 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on December 21, 2016, at 12:00 pm by bookowlie.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

Daddy 3.0: A Comedy of Errors

by Rob Armstrong

The First Ten

Because Daddy 3.0 was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

James Craft

This seems like a really good book, but it isn't something I think I will be pursuing. The blurb is okay, the cover is compelling, and it has positive reviews that it showcases well (though, I would recommend having the actual reviews be snippets rather than blocks of text because it isn't very appealing overall). I did the look inside feature and thought the book looked well-written and worth reading, and I am sure that many audiences will truly enjoy reading this.

First Ten review added on January 14, 2017, at 11:27 am by James Craft.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Sarah_Khan

At first glance, the cover art and the title of this book are interesting and make me want to find out more. I think the blurb does a great job of giving some information about the plot without revealing too much.
After reading the first ten pages, I can say that this book seems well-edited and well-written. The plot is refreshing and new, and the main character is likable from the start, I'm excited to read the rest of this book.

First Ten review added on January 14, 2017, at 12:14 pm by Sarah_Khan.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled the book without the program, as it isn't a book that I normally gravitate to. The cover is very cute and the blurb is satisfactory. The fact that the author is a stay-at-home dad makes the plot more authentic. The book started well, with the pee incident, but the pace is too slow for my taste. I understood from the official review that the entire book is like that. I won't read the book as I prefer fast paced books. Also, the plot isn't really to my liking.

First Ten review added on January 14, 2017, at 1:11 pm by gali.

CrescentMoon

I really like the cover of the book. I think it's adorable how it's a big, strong bodybuilder looking man with his two twin daughters. This cover is very fitting for what the book is about. However, I don't think this book is for me. After reading the first ten pages, I am not really hooked into the story. I like reading science fiction, adventure, action, mystery and thriller type of books and this book doesn't really fall into any of those categories.

First Ten review added on January 14, 2017, at 2:04 pm by CrescentMoon.

jamesabr

If I hadn’t sampled this book for the program, I might have overlooked it. I wouldn’t have picked it up due to a lack of familiarity with the author, but based on the nice review it received on OnlineBookClub, I will consider reading it eventually. The book starts with a description of the ideal Super Mom as a woman from Connecticut with a powerful husband who can live on four hours a day. This was my favorite part of the sample, because I managed to get into the narrator’s mind in order to gather what he may imagine a good parent to be. I imagine that this will be significant later on, whenever crazy things happen between him and his children, because he will always have a paragon to compare himself to. I will purchase and read this book eventually. There were no typos or grammatical errors.

First Ten review added on January 14, 2017, at 2:40 pm by jamesabr.

Vermont Reviews

Wow, thanks for the deal on today's book of the day that was not the only reason I purchased the book. The preview was excellent. I enjoyed the story. Well written. I read a lot of books. 375 last year. Going for 400 this year. Yours I am adding to my 2017 reading list. Thanks
Vermont Reviews

First Ten review added on January 14, 2017, at 4:01 pm by Vermont Reviews.

mratdegraff91

The cover of this book catches the readers eye. It appears that it would be about a superhero, but in actuallity, the book is about a super dad. After sampling the book and reading the OnlineBookClub review, I discovered it is about a stay-at-home dad who has twin daughters. His wife is the bread winner and is rarely home leaving him to tend to the kids. The sample didn't appear to have any grammatical errors and seemed like an easy read. The main character Nick also seems to have a great personality and instanly drew me in. This seems like it will be a great read.

First Ten review added on January 14, 2017, at 7:45 pm by mratdegraff91.

Kdonegan91

The cover and title are unique and creative. After reading the sample, I am in love with this book! I am a stay at home mom of three kids under the age of five so I can relate to the protagonist. I can't wait to read more!

First Ten review added on January 14, 2017, at 10:39 pm by Kdonegan91.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I wouldn't have read it. The title & cover make the book seem like a children's book. Having read the sample, I found the plot interesting. The sample was easy to read & follow. However, I found the pace of the plot in the sample a little slow. The book seems to be professionally edited. It has a favorable Onlinebookclub review. Due to the favorable Onlinebookclub review & the interesting plot, I think I will read this book further.

First Ten review added on January 14, 2017, at 11:44 pm by AA1495.

psychopathycathy

If I had not read the sample, I would not have read the story. I am unsure what genre it falls into, but I feel as though it may be too "grounded" and therefore boring for me. After reading the sample, I have not changed my mind, but I am pleasantly surprised by the casual and interesting writing tone. It was professionally edited. I did not read an online review.

First Ten review added on January 15, 2017, at 12:33 am by psychopathycathy.

CataclysmicKnight

I have a love/hate relationship with programming (as I'm sure many programmers do), so the title of this one really spoke to me. The Amazon description mentioned a "Swing Incident", and the beginning of this book definitely details just how awful it was! This is absolutely relatable and I can feel the cringe! I don't see finishing this one, however, as I just don't feel compelled to keep going.

First Ten review added on January 15, 2017, at 12:47 am by CataclysmicKnight.

Gravy

This would not fall into any category I typically read, so I doubt I would've looked at it. I did notice something, the use of 'kinda' followed by 'of'. I have to agree with the official reviewer, the fact that Nick refers to the other parents by monikers, while funny and informative of character traits, feels disrespectful. I could actually get beyond that with 'Supermom', as he really isn't supposed to respect her anyway, but with the others, it's just too much.
Otherwise, I enjoyed the writing and the humor. I would recommend this to fans of its various genres and subjects. I don't plan to continue with this as it is not my kind of book.

First Ten review added on January 15, 2017, at 1:56 am by Gravy.

jungkookblog

I don't think I would read this book because I am not that into heroes that much. I am not going to be reading this book because the first 10 pages are confusing for me. It is difficult to understand it. I do like how the dialogue is clear though. It seems professionally edited. I did not see any review, and I don't think it would affect my decision.

First Ten review added on January 15, 2017, at 2:48 am by jungkookblog.

L_Therese

The cover of this book was enormously appealing, and I love a humorous story, so I at first was sure that I'd end up downloading the full book. Than I read the reviews, and I realized that the humor might not be quite my style. Finally, I sampled the book, and I was disappointed to find that I had no inclination to laugh. It was clear that it was trying to be funny, but it wasn't working for me. Saddened, I abandoned the book.

First Ten review added on January 15, 2017, at 4:04 am by L_Therese.

hsimone

The cover and title are cute, and the reviews are fairly positive. However, without this program, I would not have sampled this read. Though it seems like a fun and light one, I just can't see myself getting into it. Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I think I like the overall aspect of a Mr. Mom raising two unruly twin girls. However, I just couldn't get into. I'm not sure if it's the writing style or if it's the fact that I don't feel any connections with the characters thus far. Therefore, I will not be buying and reading the book.

First Ten review added on January 15, 2017, at 10:08 am by hsimone.

Momlovesbooks

I thought the cover of this book was amusing. It hinted at the quirky, humor that would be involved. The review made me interested, with its high stars and light-heartedness. I read the first few pages and found it to be entertaining. I felt empathy for the main character. I'm a stay- at-home mom and you never know what the day will bring! I enjoy fun, comedic books. This one looks like it has all that and more. I'll be adding it to my reading list.

First Ten review added on January 15, 2017, at 12:27 pm by Momlovesbooks.

Rachel1019

The cover art of this book reminds me of The Incredibles. I think the title is interesting, even though I am not entirely sure of what it means. I hope that this book is similar to Shakespeare's The Comedy of Errors, since that is the subtitle of this book. The review makes it seem like this book is conversational and funny. I normally prefer when books are a little more formal, but I can get over that. Since I am not a parent this content doesn't really mean much to me, and so I will not read this book.

First Ten review added on January 15, 2017, at 4:27 pm by Rachel1019.

anneloretrujillo

I probably would have sampled this book based on the title, genre, cover and OBC review. I was interested in reading about this stay-at-home dad's antics. After reading the first ten pages, I will not be buying this book. The biggest reason is that I don't have kids to read it with, and it isn't really one that I would want to read on my own. I didn't think some of the humor was funny, even though the parts were intended to be. I think kids would find it a lot funnier than I did. I wasn't really a fan of the dad in the part I read. It did seem to be professionally edited.

First Ten review added on January 15, 2017, at 4:43 pm by anneloretrujillo.

MarisaRose

"Daddy 3.0" is not a book I would choose to read if not for this program. None of the themes in this book really resonate with me. After reading the official OBC review and the positive reviews on Amazon, I chose to sample this book for the program. The book appears to be well written and professionally edited. Writing aside, I still didn't feel like the subject matter of this book interested me after sampling the beginning. I did like that the narrator was a stay at home dad, I think this is a unique perspective we haven't heard from all that much. I can see why this book would appeal to many others and I enjoyed the dry humor of the narrator. Unfortunately, I will not be finishing this book as it's just not a genre I care to read.

First Ten review added on January 15, 2017, at 10:33 pm by MarisaRose.

truebookaddict

Had I not sampled the first ten pages as part of this program, I probably would not have chosen to read/sample this book. I just normally do not read books in the comedy genre.

I will not be buying the book. While I somewhat enjoyed the first 10+ pages, I didn't really enjoy it enough to pay for the book.

The book seems professionally edited. There were no typos or grammatical errors.

I enjoyed Nick's conversational tone, and his descriptions of what is going on are often quite funny. Having navigated the playground, and other parent's egos myself, his descriptions are completely believable. I did feel that the nicknames for the other moms might become tedious after a while.

This book was officially reviewed on OBC.

First Ten review added on January 16, 2017, at 6:48 am by truebookaddict.

Cjgarland89

At first glance of the cover and the OBC review I thought that this was a good book that I'd enjoy reading. I like the aspect of the stay at home dad vs the stay at home moms. I'm sure it gets s little crazy beyond the sample that I read. It was a bit slow but it held my attention enough to want to finish it. It was free from errors and well written.

First Ten review added on January 16, 2017, at 9:20 am by Cjgarland89.

Rachaelamb1

I love the title and the cover. Initially I thought it was a nonfiction book but the OBC official review cleared up that misconception. From the official review, I was interested in reading this book. The first ten pages were interesting. However, I do not feel the urge to buy the book. Perhaps it just didn't come across as humorous as I anticipated. The book seems to be professionally edited, though.

First Ten review added on January 16, 2017, at 9:40 am by Rachaelamb1.

Total ~ 36%

This book earned a score of 36%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 36% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Daddy 3.0 in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Daddy 3.0 in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

Sudharani

Want To Read Shelf

Angelic_Sin18

Want To Read Shelf

mariarhys

Want To Read Shelf

atina_abd

Want To Read Shelf

bookowlie

3-Star Shelf

Corinnethereader

Want To Read Shelf