Please log in to add this book to one of your shelves. If you do not already have an account, register one now! It's easy and completely free, and will let you create your own shelves at Online Book Club!

Average Rating: 3.1 out of 4

Book added to OnlineBookClub.org
on November 2, 2016, at 2:29 pm by bookowlie.

View shelf-filling rankings

Nominate/Vote for Book of the Month

ISBN: 9781539630951

Dynomike: Come At Me, Bro

by Frankie B. Rabbit

The First Ten

Because Dynomike was Book of the Day, some of our most trusted reviewers have carefully looked over the cover, the description, and other aspects of this book. The reviewers even read at least the first 10 pages of the book. They have each written a short review explaining why they plan to read the whole book or not based on the sample they read and other aspects of the book. Their feedback is displayed below. We call this awesome feature The First Ten.

Over a million books are published each year. Any given person could not even read .0001% of the books out there. This means readers have to be very selective. Even taking the time to look over reviews and blurbs, let alone read samples, is more time than most readers can afford for most books. The First Ten is a powerful focus group that addresses those issues. It creates a helpful tool for authors, publishers, and other readers.

gali

I probably wouldn't have sampled the book without the program as I am not the target audience. The cover isn't very appealing, but the blurb is fine. The illustrations are lovely and suit the rhymes. The rhymes are cute, but some of the words seem too wordy for kids. I like the idea of dinosaurs as protagonists, thus dealing with a heavy subject (bullying) in a non-threatening way. It sounds like a very sweet read with great themes, but it isn't for me as I only read kids' book for review purposes.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 10:06 am by gali.
Do you plan to read the whole book? No

Vermont Reviews

My grandchildren will love this book. With bullying being so much of a problem today in schools this book has a lot to day. I believe that the best way to fight something is to be informed. Frankie b. Rabbit has a great book here. Well written and wonderfully illustrated. Thanks for being book of the day. I did download today's choice.
Vermont Reviews.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 11:24 am by Vermont Reviews.
Do you plan to read the whole book? Yes!

Cjgarland89

This is a cute book for children. Although the drawings are whimsical, the point of the book is good, to stop bullying and stand up to hose that are bullies. The age range is appropriate for the book and there aren't any errors at all. It's easy to follow and simple enough visually to understand. I've purchased the book to read with my kiddos. The OBC review was helpful but didn't influence me either way.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 11:32 am by Cjgarland89.

Rachaelamb1

I like the cover and it gives me a good feel for what the illustrations are like on the inside. I would normally choose to read this to my children based on the cover and positive OBC review. I like the illustrations but a lot of the writing does not flow very well. In a rhyming book, flow is crucial. I think it would have been better to cut out the rhyming altogether and just give the book nice clear wording. I will still read it though.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 12:12 pm by Rachaelamb1.

jamesabr

This picture book is imaginative and very cute. If I were not part of this program, I would have bought the book based on the creativity behind its images and the positive review it received from OnlineBookClub. The rhyming was a nice touch to make the book seem whimsical, despite the overt theme of bullying. My favorite part of the book was Bully Bob Horn’s introduction from Dyonmike’s scream: “Behind you! It’s Bully Bob Horn!” The image of the sweating friend of Dynomike and the glaring eyes of Bully Bob made the moment appear tense, but simultaneously humorous. It fits well with the tastes of the current age 5-11 year old reading crowd. I will definitely buy the book and read it for fun. There are no typos or grammatical errors.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 12:34 pm by jamesabr.

Kdonegan91

I like the anti- bullying moral of this story. I have 3 children under the age of five and my two sons love dinosaurs. Therefore, I thought is was going to be a great book for them. I read it to them and they were confused about who was talking at which times. Also, they were not huge fans of the pictures. Therefore, I won't read it again. I could not keep my book-loving children interested past the first few pages.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 1:32 pm by Kdonegan91.

Sarah_Khan

At first glance, the sub-title of this book caught my eye because it is modern and makes me think this will be a fun book to read. I thought the blurb and the online book club review painted this book in a favorable light.

After reading the first ten pages, I was disappointed. I thought the illustrations were just average and the plot was bland and unoriginal. The only plus side was that the words rhymed. There are a lot of books that aim to teach kids about bullying, so it is a competitive industry and I do not think this book will outshine the thousands of other similar ones on the market.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 2:38 pm by Sarah_Khan.

AA1495

Had I not sampled the book, I wouldn't have read it, because it's meant for children. Having read the sample, I liked the illustrations. However, certain words that have been used in the book may be too complicated for children to understand. The book seems to be professionally edited. It has a favorable Onlinebookclub review. Since the book is a quick read, I think I will finish reading it.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 2:44 pm by AA1495.

James Craft

This looks like a great story about bullying and overcoming by uniting with each other, and it sounds like a lot of fun. I really like the way it looks, and even though the cover isn't fantastic it isn't bad. The blurb reads smoothly and everything about the opening seems professional. It isn't something I would read, but certainly something I will recommend for parents of young children who might find real value from this. All in all, this one is quite impressive and looks like a great read.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 3:27 pm by James Craft.

CrescentMoon

I really like the cover of this book. I think it's very cute and fitting for the genre. I like the anti bully themes throughout this book but I don't think I would pick this up because I don't read children's books. After reading the first ten pages, I definitely think this book should be recommended to parents with kids or teachers who teach young kids in the classroom. However, I don't fit into any of these categories so I won't read the rest.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 3:39 pm by CrescentMoon.

hsimone

The play on words in the title is cute, as well as, the cover. Reading the blurb and the positive reviews proves that this children's book would be good to read with a youngster. However, since I don't have a young one, I would not have sampled this book without this program.

Based on what I read, the book does seem to be professionally edited. I like the rhyming aspect of this book because I feel this would really attract young children. However, I wish the pictures were a bit more colorful. Perhaps this changes later on, but it's hard to tell at this point. Overall, though it is a cute book, I do not plan on finishing it since I do not have a child to read it with.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 4:07 pm by hsimone.

cjohns105

On Amazon, right after the book title there is additional text that says this is an anti-bullying book suitable for ages 3-8. As a teacher (though you would have to add 10 years to those ages for my students) I am always interested in this kind of text, so I think that I would have taken an obligatory look at the sample provided. I doubt that I would buy this personally as I do not have any children, but it is something that I would potentially request the elementary schools in my district purchase because of the subject matter. This book does not have an Official OnlineBookClub review, but the absence does not affect my decision.

The book seems professionally edited. Since the books is a children's book and rather short, I only get to read the first 10% before I review, and there is not ton that goes on. The book sets up the fact that there is someone around who makes the day less happy and fun, and then we get to see the first glimpse of Bully Bob Horn. What really stands out to me in the first few pages are the illustrations. They look like they were drawn in a basic paint computer program. I actually like this, it adds a level of authenticity because it looks like drawings that the kids reading it could do. It gives me ideas for lesson plans to go along with the book! Thanks.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 9:27 pm by cjohns105.

mratdegraff91

Dynomike has a great cover that would be appealing to younger kids. The pictures are adorable, and it has been professionally edited. The story focuses on friendship and anti-bullying. The OnlineBookClub of the day review was very helpful in me determining whether I would finish the book after sampling it. I really like Dynomike's character. He is supportive of his friends and has the courage to stand up to the bully. I don't normally download and read children's books but I couldn't resist this one.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 9:35 pm by mratdegraff91.

CataclysmicKnight

I actually already went ahead and read all of this one since it's so short, as most children's books are. The (mostly) simple digital art style is actually kinda neat, and anything anti-bullying gets a major plus in my list. The story is written in rhyme, and while it's sometimes forced, it does work to make it more fitting for kids. The conclusion is a good one as well, without violence or insulting the bully.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 9:52 pm by CataclysmicKnight.

psychopathycathy

If I had not sampled this book, I would not have read it, because it is a children's book. After sampling the book, I have not changed my mind. I will admit that I am curious as to where the story will go; the art style is very distinct, but not unique. I also think at times, such as on the third page where Spunky has a white speech bubble, the text could be placed better. I did not read an official review.

First Ten review added on January 18, 2017, at 10:24 pm by psychopathycathy.

L_Therese

This book looked really cute. I probably would not have tried it without this program because I have no particular reason to read children's books for fun. However, I was looking forward to the chance to read this one for free. The OBC review had a lot of praise for the concept with a few criticisms about its ability to reach its target audience. When I went to read the first ten pages, I ended up reading the whole thing. It was too cute and fun to put down.

First Ten review added on January 19, 2017, at 12:06 am by L_Therese.

anneloretrujillo

I would have sampled this book based on the cover, title, genre, blurb and OBC review. I love children's book that have a message. After reading the first ten pages, I will be finishing this book. I loved the rhyming aspect. I also liked the pictures. I loved the contrasting colors. I want to see how the characters deal with the bully. So far I have really enjoyed the book. I'm excited to finish the rest. It did seem professionally edited.

First Ten review added on January 19, 2017, at 12:23 am by anneloretrujillo.

truebookaddict

Had it not been for this program, I would not have chose to read/sample this book simply because I do not have young children at home. My sons are much older than the age group for this book.

The book was free so I did download it, and I did read the whole thing. What a cute and thoughtful book!

The book is professionally edited. I did not notice any typos or grammatical errors. The rhyming is great!

As I said, a cute and thoughtful book. I love how the bullying parts are in blue and black and then as the other animals decide to stand up to Bully Bob Horn, the story transistions to multiple colors. I feel this technique will make it easy for young kids to differentiate between the two scenarios. This is a great book for young kids to learn about bullying, to learn how to stand up for themselves, and to try to be inclusive of everyone. Very well done.

This book was officially reviewed on OBC.

First Ten review added on January 19, 2017, at 8:42 am by truebookaddict.

Momlovesbooks

Since this is a children's book and my kids are older, I didn't think I would want to read it. The OBC reviewer gave it a nice review. I downloaded and read it because it was a free book of the day. Although it wasn't something I'd choose to read, young children might find it entertaining and helpful with its bullying theme and rhymes.

First Ten review added on January 19, 2017, at 3:01 pm by Momlovesbooks.

chocomeiske

This is definitely a kid's book which means it would hold no interest for me. Having read the first ten pages, I think the message of anti-bullying is done in a very accessible and easy to understand way for kids. This can be useful as a parent to act as a guide against bullying using a medium that children can understand and relate to. I can't recall any significant editing errors.

First Ten review added on January 19, 2017, at 6:05 pm by chocomeiske.

Shelle

I usually love children's books and was happy to have the opportunity to sample this one. Dynomike is pretty cute and unique and has a very important message. I liked it and I hope my daughter likes it too. The characters are relate-able. Thanks for making this one a Book of the Day!

First Ten review added on January 19, 2017, at 6:09 pm by Shelle.

MarisaRose

I do not have any young children in my life and thus would not choose to read or purchase this book. After sampling the book for this program, I was a little disappointed with the artwork. It appears a little to abstract for young readers. I'm not sure children would be drawn to the muted colors and lack of scenery. Further, the writing seemed juvenile even based on elementary standards. I did not find this book unique. For those reasons, I chose not to finish reading the book.

First Ten review added on January 19, 2017, at 10:15 pm by MarisaRose.

jungkookblog

I think I will be reading this book because I love to read children's books. I am going to read this book because it seems very fun from just 2 pages. It seems professionally edited. I like how the author also included humor and artwork in the book. I did not see a review, and I don't think it would affect my decision.

First Ten review added on January 19, 2017, at 11:18 pm by jungkookblog.

klbradley

I actually already ended up reading the whole book for this one, as it was a shorter children's story and I was anxious to see what my child's take on it would be. It was beneficial because it provided a good lesson while reading about bullying, as well as entertaining. My son enjoyed it, and I'm sure others will as well. I probably would not have chosen this book just by it's cover, as I think it looks a little bare.

First Ten review added on January 20, 2017, at 8:26 am by klbradley.

Rachel1019

I love the title of this book. I think it is quite funny. I'm also not sure what to think of the author's name. If I had to venture a guess I would say that it is a pseudonym. I appreciate that the review of this book was relatively good. And the content of the book itself is a good subject, but being a children's book, I would not read this book.

First Ten review added on January 20, 2017, at 9:50 am by Rachel1019.

Total ~ 60%

This book earned a score of 60%.

In other words, out of the top-level reviewers who read at least the first 10 pages of this book, 60% plan to read the whole book.

Who Has Dynomike in their shelves?

More than 28 members have Dynomike in their shelves. Log in to see the full count. If you do not already have an account, create one now. It is easy and free! You just choose a display name and password. It is that easy!

When you log in, you can sort all the books by how many members have the books in their shelves (i.e. see the most popular books on Bookshelves). It is a great way to discover new books to read.

bookowlie

3-Star Shelf

MonkeyDumpling

Want To Read Shelf

TrishaAnn92

Want To Read Shelf

OrnmadeeBL

Currently Reading Shelf

tarafarah7

4-Star Shelf

Cjgarland89

Want To Read Shelf